Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
stateofidleness
Gents,
Lookin' to get my 914 back on the road and need to replace the windshield. Don't really want to spend $500 from AA, so if anyone has a parts car or an extra lying around and willing to let it go cheap, let me know! Willing to pay shipping to San Antonio (78266) or pick up if you're nearby.

Thanks!
euro911
Have you checked with any local mobile windshield replacement companies?
stateofidleness
they all want close to 1k for installation... because of the chrome trim (which I have already removed. just the glass, they are wanting close to $800...
bdstone914
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Jun 9 2012, 07:25 PM) *

they all want close to 1k for installation... because of the chrome trim (which I have already removed. just the glass, they are wanting close to $800...

Out here in CA there is a place that comes to you and installs them for $225.
They might ship.
I can give you the phone number if you are interested. They are Chinese glass but I have seen them installed and they look OK.

Bruce
stateofidleness
That'd be awesome! Do they have a website also?
bdstone914
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Jun 9 2012, 09:28 PM) *

That'd be awesome! Do they have a website also?

No, they barely speak English.
Bruce
xsurfer
Ebay has one! 5 dollar start. Good Luck

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330745987860?ssPag...984.m1438.l2649
cpfoster
You may have gotten really lucky here I have a new one installed by Ziegler glass (have receipt) on a parts car I have in Von Ormey (20 mins South of San Antonio where I live)

If you want to drop me a note or give me a call on my cell (301) 653-7876 I can give you details.

Thanks,
Chris

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.