Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil pressure gauge and fuel gauge problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I was playing around with my gauges. For some reason, my oil pressure gauge goes all the way to the right (the far extreme high pressure) as soon as I turn the key- even before the starter engages. I have checked all of the wiring, cannot find any problems. I noticed that when I turn the key off, the gauge does not return to normal right away. Any ideas?

Also, I have had this problem for years, my fuel gauge only reads full. I have checked the sender and it moves up and down freely. Any ideas how to fix.

I obviously, do not have a good understand of how these gauges work.
partwerks
I don't know if an oil pressure switch would have anything to do with it or not?

The fuel float can be taken apart and look to see if there are any rust spots or something that could be causing it to hang up on??
Porschef
Oil pressure or temperature? If its the temp, and they're both on the gauge in the dash, I'd think it's a ground issue
rwilner
VDO gauge troubleshooting guide
TheCabinetmaker
Is the oil pressure gauge in the dash or the console? Is this a 4 or 6? I don't think 4's came with an oil pressure gauge, just a light on the combo gauge. If there is an actual "pressure" gauge, its an add on.
tornik550
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 10 2012, 12:45 PM) *

Is the oil pressure gauge in the dash or the console? Is this a 4 or 6? I don't think 4's came with an oil pressure gauge, just a light on the combo gauge. If there is an actual "pressure" gauge, its an add on.

Mine is an add on for my 4
tornik550
I haven't messed with the fuel gauge yet but the problem with my oil pressure gauge was the wire from teh sender to the gauge. It was cracked in the tunnel. Put in a new wire and now everything works perfectly. Thank you to everyone. The egauges pdf was especially helpful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.