Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Suspension Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
What should I do for replacement Front Suspension Bushings for my "track rat" 914/6 teener?

My teener currently has some old squeaky hard bushings and a bad ball joint. I have a new set of the FreeMotion roller bearings and a new ball joint sitting on the shelf.

A buddy has offered to sell me his slightly used 911 A-Arms with Elephant PolyBronze bushings and an aluminum crossmember for $500.

Should I:

1) Install the FreeMotion roller bearings and new ball joint?
2) Buy the Elephant setup and sell the Freemotion bearings and return the balljoint?
3) Buy a Rebel S Racing Front Bushing Set ($360) and sell the Freemotion bearings?

What would you do?

Thanks in advance,

Eddie

'71 914/6 Conversion - 3.2 six
PeeGreen 914
Rebel racing and sell the other.
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Jun 10 2012, 11:16 AM) *

What should I do for replacement Front Suspension Bushings for my "track rat" 914/6 teener?

My teener currently has some old squeaky hard bushings and a bad ball joint. I have a new set of the FreeMotion roller bearings and a new ball joint sitting on the shelf.

A buddy has offered to sell me his slightly used 911 A-Arms with Elephant PolyBronze bushings and an aluminum crossmember for $500.

Should I:

1) Install the FreeMotion roller bearings and new ball joint?
2) Buy the Elephant setup and sell the Freemotion bearings and return the balljoint?
3) Buy a Rebel S Racing Front Bushing Set ($360) and sell the Freemotion bearings?

What would you do?

Thanks in advance,

Eddie

'71 914/6 Conversion - 3.2 six

I installed the er polys on my turbo (street car), the rebels came out not too long after. The ers seem to require more maint, and mine are a little noisy. I'm prob going to get the rebels and swap a arms on the turbo, and use the ers on the track car since it will get regular maint before each track day.
914werke
Youve got needles ..install them!
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jun 11 2012, 06:40 AM) *

Youve got needles ..install them!

Never finished my thoughts, but agree.gif
messix
Coil overs and 930 front suspension
6freak
unsealed needle bearings and road grime = problems ..JMO
smile.gif

pcar916
I'd go for whichever you can do cheapest and with (as mentioned above) very serious attention to sealing either the needle-bearings or the PolyBronze. They both work well if kept free of water and dirt.

I'm very happy with my Elephant hardware. A squirt of grease every couple of months and I'm good.

Good Luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.