Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
The clutch engages right off the floor. Any way to get it to engage about half way thru its travel? If it needs to be adjusted, do I want to loosen the nuts at the threaded end of the cable at the transaxle or tighten them some more.
This was supposed to have been fixed while the car was in for service, but they made it worse. Thanks for the help.
McMark
Tighten them. Sometimes you need to install a spacer tube between the nuts that clevis to gain some additional adjustment.
Dr Evil
Echo.....echo......this has been a popular topic over the last few weeks smile.gif

I have instruction with a diagram if you need. I can email to you if you PM me your email.
Elliot Cannon
It's rumored at least one of these guys knows what he is talking about. happy11.gif lol-2.gif
ottox914
Trust the Dr. His info is good. Get the "notes". Commit to memory. There will be a test.
shoguneagle
THEY DO??????
shoguneagle
av-943.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Jun 11 2012, 10:55 AM) *

THEY DO??????

Note that it is just a rumor. JK
hedgehog
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 10 2012, 04:55 PM) *

Echo.....echo......this has been a popular topic over the last few weeks smile.gif

I have instruction with a diagram if you need. I can email to you if you PM me your email.

pm sent...
Dr Evil
I have not received one confused24.gif

Anyone is welcome to contact me directly as well at make my 914 go at yahoo dot com.
No spaces wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.