Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wow,, for a shift nob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
used at that. doesn't the plastic get a bit brittle? somebody explain the dif between an oe and am knob to me. is the clutch disc they are selling the correct one for our cars and is the buy it now a good price?

kevin
SirAndy
so, a '70 911 has the same shift pattern as the 914 ???

confused24.gif Andy
Bleyseng
yes, both had 901 trannys so they had the same shift pattern.
Martin Baker
That is strange, the same guy is bidding on my not so nice one right now, he MUST have a way of fixing the knobs. Nearby as well, time for a little under cover work...item # 2493925315
morph
One went for around $350 a few weeks ago.
scottb
insane.... can buy a nice after market repro for $80.....

guess we will be chatting over wine and cheese before we know it!!!

drunk.gif
sj914
Damn headbang.gif headbang.gif I should've kept mine instead of chucking it into the garbage.
morph
QUOTE(sj914 @ Oct 16 2004, 12:33 PM)
Damn headbang.gif headbang.gif I should've kept mine instead of chucking it into the garbage.

had a similar feeling today when the owner of a local business told us that he crushes complete 914's when they make it into his yard, which I guess is on a fairly regular basis. he said they mean nothing to him. I guess he had a bunch of 914 parts in one of his warehouses that he threw away, into the dumpser, awhile back.
iamchappy
They are easily buffed to a brand new finish, I had one that was badly crazed in the bottom of my tool box for 20 years. buffed it out on a wheel with plastic rouge, it now looks brand new, I have installed in my car again.
Rhodes71/914
If anyone is wandering it went for $260.

Think I will get myself a polisher.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.