Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: this time it was YOU!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
biggrin.gif

i have to turn logging off on the webserver, you guys browse way too much. the log files from the last 4 weeks were over 3GB !!!

the BBS ran out of system disk space, just had to clean out the logfiles.

don't you guys have anything better to do with your time?
biggrin.gif Andy
Meredith
Sounds like we've got some addicts, hmm?
qa1142
Humm

Must need a new server laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(qa1142 @ Oct 16 2004, 11:51 AM)
Must need a new server laugh.gif

naaa, we got *plenty* of space on the data partitions of the server, just never thought about those damm logfiles when i set up the system partition ...

type.gif Andy
bryanthompson
QUOTE(Meredith @ Oct 16 2004, 12:25 PM)
Sounds like we've got some addicts, hmm?

I can stop whenever I want... seriously. i mean it.

I'm addicted to four forums and slashdot right now... gonna have to give up one of 'em. After Nov 2 I can quit pestering the bird OT board biggrin.gif
SLITS
That's right - blame us - the old CYA game. <_<
airsix
Now if the server was still on a Linux box (properly configured) the logs would be rotated, compressed, and then the oldest ones deleted on an automatic schedule. But whatever...

-Ben M.
SirAndy
QUOTE(airsix @ Oct 16 2004, 04:47 PM)
Now if the server was still on a Linux box (properly configured) the logs would be rotated, compressed, and then the oldest ones deleted on an automatic schedule. But whatever...

AND

you would still complain about how slow the BBS is running ...
But whatever...

rolleyes.gif Andy
boxsterfan
Just created a folder structure on the data partition (D:\logfiles or D:\IISLogs) and then configure the web server to log there. Then write your self a batch program to delete logfiles older than X days.

drunk.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Oct 16 2004, 05:28 PM)
Then write your self a batch program to delete logfiles older than X days.

naaaa, it's easier to just turn them off ...

beerchug.gif Andy
Rusty
Ya know.. if people had attended the MUSR... they wouldn't have known the Club was down. rolleyes.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.