Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 500 hp 914 - SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Cracker
LINK: June 2012 DE (PCA) VIDEO COMPILATION

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

Details:
A super high performance 1974 Porsche 914 with a purpose built 500 crank hp (438 rwhp) built around a superb rust-free chassis/body. This 914 is street driven 99% of the time ~ I've sorted it out through 3 PCA DE (track weekends) - it's been passed ONE time by a "full aero" non-street legal race car! Build highlights:
1974 2.0 Original Chassis with steel doors, hood, fenders (less flares), and trunk lid (Rust Free)
Full balance/blueprint LS2 Corvette engine (438 RWHP) (MTI)
Full Drive-by-Wire throttle system (yes, in a 914!!!) Unbelievable throttle response!
930 Trans axle, flipped ring gear, 100% rebuilt (every syncro/bearing) ~
Shortened to early 930 Bellhousing Specs (California Motorsports)
RUF Lightweight Pressure Plate & Clutch Combo (good for 750 lb tq.)
80% LSD - 100% rebuilt (California Motorsports)
trans/LSD - Swepco 201 Lube
Road Race Fuel System (Bosch 044, Swirl Pot, complete Stainless steel lines)
High End Cable shifter (Renegade Hybrids)
Turbo Axles, CV's and rare (late) 930 drive flanges
Coil over shocks & Bilsteins (Partick Motorsports)
930 Turbo Front Brakes 100% new (Calipers, Rotors, Hubs) (Patrick Motorsports)
944 Turbo Front Calipers (converted for rear use) w/ cockpit adjustable proportioning valve (Patrick Motorsports)
Driver/Passenger - Carbon Fiber Reverie Seats (UK Imported)
9" Front (255/35/17) & 11" (315/30/17) Lindsey Racing Fuchs
Prototypes Composites Full Kevlar & Carbon Fiber Airdam/Splitter - Custom fabed install (removable in minutes).
Semi-cage - (Streetable) installed to stiffen chassis (Genesis One)
Front & Rear Adjustable sway bars.
Completely rebuilt electronic gauges (North Hollywood Speedometer)
9" Front / 11" Rear Flares, matching rockers (customer fit and painted)

Cost: $SOLD!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
pdlightning
Nice car.
Can you post more pictures and answer a few questions?
What engine and trans mounts are those?
Is the motor a LS2 or Corvette (LS3 or 6) motor and depending on which, what accessory brackets and harmonic balancer is used? Is the pedal a early or late.
And what are the rare drive flanges?

The oil pan looks like F body, so I can't figure out if it is a Corvette or LS2 .

Thanks, please, more pictures.
Cracker
QUOTE(pdlightning @ Jun 11 2012, 01:11 AM) *

Nice car.
Engine = '06 Vette (a build list would be a "post" all by itself - not stock, improved in every way / Trans = '87 930 Turbo

Is the motor a LS2 or Corvette (LS3 or 6) motor and depending on which, what accessory brackets and harmonic balancer is used? Is the pedal a early or late.
YES - LS2 Corvette huh.gif / Zero factory accessory brackets used / '06 DBW GM Pedal / Late 930 (sealed CV Bearing drive flanges are worth 1G alone.

The oil pan looks like F body, so I can't figure out if it is a Corvette or LS2 .
It is the desireable LS2 Vette pan...it's the most sought after factory LS based pan from a performance perspective.

What pics do you want?
sixaddict
Bump for good guy
This is nothing but high quality stuff. I have bought all of Tony's "used" parts....most would consider them as new.One of most sanitary "builds" you will see.
Terry

QUOTE(Cracker @ Jun 11 2012, 02:59 AM) *

QUOTE(pdlightning @ Jun 11 2012, 01:11 AM) *

Nice car.
Engine = '06 Vette (a build list would be a "post" all by itself - not stock, improved in every way / Trans = '87 930 Turbo

LS2 / Zero factory accessory brackets used / '06 DBW GM Pedal / Late (sealed CV Bearing drive flanges are worth 1G alone.

It is the desireable LS2 Vette pan...it's the most sought after factory LS based pan from a performance perspective.

What pics do you want?

JRust
Are the flares Riveted or Dzu's fasteners ?
BIGKAT_83
I looked over this car last weekend and was just talking about it to a friend. My guess on Crackers total investment would be way higher than his asking price.

Everything on this car is first class.

Now all I need is to win the loto biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Cracker
JRUST - I used a FRP rivet that's easy on the paint and has more than enough
rated shear strength to do the job...wanted to stay away from SS/Metal. I also wanted the ability to repair (should the need arise) the bodywork - mission accomplished.

Terry, Bob and the others: Thanks for vote of confidence! I don't anticipate I'd find the buyer here but it's the best place to start. If it doesn't sell at the right price then I'll simply sell the "new" car. I'm a winner either way! I REALLY enjoy my car... piratenanner.gif

PS - Vacationing in Northern Cal at the moment with my family...first time for the kids out West. Yosemiti/SF nextweek, the coast and Redwoods the next few days. If someone is really interested in the car it's much, much better to simply ring me. I'll be happy to answer.

Tony/Cracker
turboman808
Dam I would love to buy this. Priorities unfortunately make it impossible for me to even consider at the moment.

sad.gif

It looks like my cars long lost brother who abused steroids.
turboman808
QUOTE(Scotti @ Jun 27 2012, 05:11 PM) *

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 27 2012, 03:07 PM) *

Dam I would love to buy this. Priorities unfortunately make it impossible for me to even consider at the moment.

sad.gif

It looks like my cars long lost brother who abused steroids.

Thank goodness the thought of you and 500hp screwy.gif

I'm a pretty good driver. I just have no problem going past a cop at 150mph. smile.gif
Cracker
Car is sold pending payment. Will be heading West of the Mississippi.

Tony/Cracker
bulitt
You putting an LS in the new race car?
Cracker
Bob - First, the car has to actually sell...payment expected but not received as of yet. Second, I'm leaving the Demi-Cup car alone for now. I'd like to see how it runs as-is and go from there.

It's a bit confusing to me because I never thought I'd part with this car...

Thanks for the compliments.

Tony/Cracker
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.