Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Console Completed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
Finally got the console back from the upholstery shop on Friday. Since I went with a single piece dash, I moved the radio to the top of the console. I originally wanted an AMCO console but they are hard to locate. I'm happy with this alternative.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

This is what got me going on a new radio. But it is only available in Europe.
Click to view attachment

So I found the JVC single DIN Navigation Radio. Looks pretty close to the Porsche.
Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Looks great, I was thinking about doing something similar with the deposit box in my car.
seanery
that's very nice!
speed metal army
I have an amco for you. smile.gif Un cut too...It doesnt look nearly as good as yours though!
914Bryan
That looks great! Very professional appearance, only looks like you have lost your hiding place behind the pannel! Ha!
slothness
Very nice!
mittelmotor
Looks great! I'm also a fan of using the rubber shifter boot with the console...I know it's not stock, but it looks right!
abnrdo
Nice! Did you build the console? If so where did you get your measurements from?

-Jim

Cool!
914dave
Very nicely done. You've given me something to think about
stephenaki
Good looking console; I like the navigation aspect of the radio you are putting in.
Cairo94507
Your solution is 100% better than an Amco console. I had one of those back in the late 70's on a '70 914-6 and it was junk. I like your console a lot.
boogie_man
Very, very nice work Joe !!! That looks perfect piratenanner.gif
Tedman5
Awesome work. Love the radio location. SOOOOO clean.
maf914
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Jun 12 2012, 01:27 AM) *

Nice! Did you build the console? If so where did you get your measurements from?

-Jim

In the past there was a link to a how-to build a stock console replica, I think written by a French 914 owner. It may have been on the Pelican 914 forum. Dimensions were shown for all of the panels. I don't have it handy. Maybe someone else can help.
gklinger
QUOTE(maf914 @ Jun 12 2012, 11:15 AM) *

QUOTE(abnrdo @ Jun 12 2012, 01:27 AM) *

-Jim

In the past there was a link to a how-to build a stock console replica, I think written by a French 914 owner. It may have been on the Pelican 914 forum. Dimensions were shown for all of the panels. I don't have it handy. Maybe someone else can help.

Found it. Seems that Google translate isn't working on the page so you're on your own.
LotusJoe
piratenanner.gif Radio is in and works great. I put in an antenna under the dash and it seems to work really well. XM-Radio is functioning and the Navigation System is a nice option. Very satisfied with the final results. cheer.gif

Click to view attachment
scotty b
Me likeee biggrin.gif first.gif
steuspeed
I like that basket weave texture on the console face.
rnellums
Really Sharp!
EdwardBlume
Nice work. You can actually reach it without veering off the road!
KELTY360
I like the simple symmetry of the ventilation controls to the radio and the two-guage alignment. Would like to see a pic of the dash all the way across the passenger side. Nice work.
smj
That JVC is a good looking deck, had me curious enough to go looking for it. Seems to be discontinued, and at least one reviewer complained they couldn't get map updates from JVC or Navteq (typical finger pointing). Model is JVC KD-NX5000. Limited/no support for Apple devices from the iPhone 3GS on...

PS - Love the console!
3d914
Nice console. Cool design.

I could see a variant with speakers on each side, sub-woofer low & toward the front & hidden. Lots of potential.

Unfortunately at the pace I'm going it'll be years before I get to the interior.

Enjoy!
SUNAB914
Very clean interior! Nice work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.