Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeSpraggi
For those of you have replaced a windshield and could not use the original trim or have wanted a different look, what have you used. Need to put something as trim for the track car. Thanks.
Rand
I love the look of the black rubber. I'm guessing Mkey914 has it at 914rubber.
Black22
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 11 2012, 06:29 PM) *

I love the look of the black rubber. I'm guessing Mkey914 has it at 914rubber.

agree.gif
GeorgeRud
There is/was a member of the list that had the trim available. Can't think of his name right now, but he lives in Wisconsin and sold a 3.2 conversion a few years ago.
I'm sure someone will chime in with his name.

736conver! Brain kicked in after a bit!
ConeDodger
914Rubber.Com does have a rubber alternative trim... google it or just PM Mikey914. His name is Mark and he can give you the hook up on all things that are rubber and found on a 914. biggrin.gif
Valy
This is good and inexpensive option if you want to maintain the chrome look
http://www.amazon.com/C-R-LAURENCE-409T120...g/dp/B002CXKZ2Q
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-Gold-Glass-Uni...tr#ht_847wt_864
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Valy @ Jun 12 2012, 10:14 AM) *

I think the corners on these wrinkle up.
3d914
Curoius about this too. I've considered changing the channel so that the windshield sits flush with the frame and has little gap at the edges - like a modern car.

Anyone try this?
ruddyboys
Is there anything that you can use that doesn't require removing the windshield?
Rand
QUOTE(ruddyboys @ Jun 12 2012, 02:09 PM) *

Is there anything that you can use that doesn't require removing the windshield?

Goop. laugh.gif
Great question actually. Most of the good trim seals require removing the windshield.

If there is a "press-in" solution, I don't know of it. Might be kind of tough since the gap can vary so much.

Oh, and the "goop" comment was a joke. I've seen people fill the gap with black silicone. I guess if you masked both sides well it *could* look ok.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.