Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash pad question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
The door of the glove box will only open half way. Could the top dash pad have been replaced at one time with a later year one and cause this?
Lennies914
Late dash top will not work on a early car. I'm guessing you have an early car.
mepstein
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jun 11 2012, 09:37 PM) *

Late dash top will not work on a early car. I'm guessing you have an early car.

yes
rhodyguy
other than the glove door issue, which i can live with, how do the outside corners match up to the early knee (lower) bolster? the dash in the 70' is spent. i have a nice dash from the 75' i would like to use in the 70'. can you post a picture or 2 of how the later dash looks in your early car? mostly the outside corners.

k
SLITS
Three things

1.) If the cardboard insert is not positioned properly, the glove box door will not open (and there are a couple of sizes). Top of door catches the insert top if it's hanging down at all.

2.) A late knee-knocker will not fit the early car due to the fresh air vents in the end of the late style.

3.) Early ash tray vs late ash tray mount in dash top is in a slightly different position.

Tada!
rhodyguy
how about late dash top and early knee knocker? as hard as a good late style dash is hard to find the early one must be near impossible.

k
CrashDown
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 12 2012, 06:10 PM) *

how about late dash top and early knee knocker? as hard as a good late style dash is hard to find the early one must be near impossible.

k

They are near impossible..... That's why I have 3.

I had the same issue with the glove box door. It's the cardboard glovebox form not seated all the way against the dash face. Get behing it, wiggle it and it should seat completely. Then the glovebox door should work fine.
mepstein
QUOTE(CrashDown @ Jun 13 2012, 02:47 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 12 2012, 06:10 PM) *

k

They are near impossible..... That's why I have 3.

I had the same issue with the glove box door. It's the cardboard glovebox form not seated all the way against the dash face. Get behing it, wiggle it and it should seat completely. Then the glovebox door should work fine.

You were right. Glove box was slightly warped and caused lid to hang up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.