Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I win
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Fired it up without muffler just for shits and grins lol2.gif
Then put the muffler on and got Dwell set, timing set and both carbs in the ball park. Idled down to 900 RPM and just purrred. Great throttle response mueba.gif

Then I looked underneath for oil leaks. headbang.gif Shouldn't have done that. Got a small leak around the oil pump. I'll deal with that in the morning.
skline
Well, it was mostly good news, the oil leak maybe from the front seal (hope not) but I have had that happen to me. I just got mine fired up today and it pours oil from the filter area sometimes, I will crawl under it later and see if I can figure out why. Congrats on the good luck with it firing up for you.
72914S
clap56.gif beer3.gif Kinda has a Harley sound with no muffler on. Still afraid to drive mine with all the traffic and the logs the trucks drop when picking up the hurricane trash.
watsonrx13
smilie_pokal.gif Alright Joe, good practice for when you'll finally receive the final parts for my engine, hopefully soon?

Again, congrats...and BTW, time for several beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif
JoeSharpOld
I love it every time I hear that another 914 is running. biggrin.gif
Joe
Joe Ricard
na, front seal is dry. Oil colr seals are dry. Pretty sure it is the pump to case seam. Should be a real PITA to replace that paper gasket. Got to support the motor and remove the engine bar. Think it will clear the fan. (melling high volume). idea.gif If not it will be a long day.

AT LEAST IT AIN'T A 100 FREAKIN DEGREES OUT ANYMORE!
watsonrx13
Yea, it's 60 degress here this morning, high 85.

I'm fixing breakfast now and will be out to finish the engine shelf, then weld the battery tray. Hopefully B will get the spacers and send them soon... cool_shades.gif
DNHunt
Way to go Joe.

It must have been a good weekend for starting engines. 3 new ones this weekend. The stars must be in the right places. I have an oil leak too #1 exhaust push rod tube seal. Not bad and easy to fix.

I didn't use the paper gasket. I used Loctite 518 instead.

Dave
Joe Ricard
Fixed the leak. Pulled the fan and housing, engine bar and mount brackets. Pulled pump put new gasket on it and reassembled and worked like a charm. New filter, Tuna can and clean oil. Finished with the dynamic timing and wha-la it still runs only better.

Put heat ducting back on exchangers, Plumbed up the aux blower fan and it's hoses. Made some warm air guides (shot my afternoon) seems to work as the thermostat activates quicker.

Played with wiring for fuel pump. wired up an additional fuse box so I can run my driving lights, fuel pump, gauges and room for something else later. All off the new box which is relay controlled and activated with the ignition key. Got the gas tank back in and secured so hood will close PITA.
skline
So did you take it out for a test drive?? I am looking at this next week to test mine out on the road. Need to get the tags for it to make it legal. I can hardly wait, I have never driven this car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.