Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tail shifter to side shifter HELP!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
I'm converting my 72 tail shifter to side shifter. I have everything except the front runner motor mounts (039 199 231) and the Carrier Base Plates (914 375 181 00) that is used to connect the engine carrier bar to the car.

Right now the engine is being held up by a 2x4.

Will the carrier base plate bolt up to my 72 or is the 73 and later different?

Also does anyone know were I might get these parts tomorrow?

Not likely that Kragen automotive parts will have them.

I'm signed up for a PCA performance driving school that is next weekend. I'm hoping to get it done by then. LOL

I'm in San Diego.
jr91472
Just converted my 72 last month. Yes, the late model inboard bracket will match up to the bolt holes on your engine case.

Where to find....sorry, but I would post in the classified section. There has got to be some out there. Also try AA, but that probably won't get you running tomarrow

good luck.

btw, the side shifter is an amazing improvement. keep at it

JR
Red-Beard
Contact "DR. Evil". He can put you in touch with Sean V8 who probably has the parts, or Kenny Powell who I'm sure has the parts. They are all in San Diego.

I don't think Kenny Posts or reads here, but he does read the Pelican site and you can PM him there.

James
ArtechnikA
or try Scotts Porsche Parts.
they cater to the 356 crowd mostly, but Jacques and his son (who shows up here from time to time and whose name i can never recall, sorry...) are 914 guys. they'll probably have it, or know who will...
rhodyguy
what's a set of those brackets worth?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.