Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni Shocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Installed the Koni Red shocks back in 1985 all around with 140 springs and sway bars. My question is How long a life do the Konis have under daily driver conditons. That would be 30 miles / day. I was told they last a long time.

Also, what is the best method to lube the front sway bar when it begins to squeek. My mechanic hit me heavy the last time I brought it to him.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
Jeroen
Koni's have a life time waranty... all you need to have them rebuild is the original bill for them from 1985 biggrin.gif

For the swaybar bushings you can get some of the "plastic bushing grease" that most online p-shops sell
Part Pricer
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 17 2004, 09:29 AM)
Koni's have a life time waranty...

True, but...

Koni will not rebuild shocks just because they are tired. There has to be something wrong with them. You would have to convince them that they are not maintaining any pressure whatsoever.

Second, Koni will only honor the lifetime warranty if they were installed by a professional. You need to show them the invoice from the original shock purchase and an invoice from the installer.

Ask me how I know... wacko.gif
jim_hoyland
Should I remove the gas tank and grease from the inside; or greasse from outside ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.