Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: backdate/upgrade my 2.0 exhaust, without the heat...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
audio_file
Hola!

I'd like to backdate the exhaust on my 75 2.0, and I'm not concerned with heat (my fiance says I'm a cold hearted s.o.b. anyway! confused24.gif ). I'd prefer the actual 2.0 exhaust tubes, as their diameter is a tiny bit larger, if I remember correctly.

If someone happens to have a good used aftermarket header (nice 4 into 1 type) that they would be interested in parting with for a reasonable price, I'd definately be interested in that as well.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
JeffBowlsby
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=178656

Maybe you want these?
audio_file
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 13 2012, 12:15 PM) *

Thanks Jeff, that IS exaclty what I'm looking for, however I've communicated with that seller about these before, specifically about the shipping costs, and didn't hear back from him... so, I'm looking for another source.

beerchug.gif
Chris
jimkelly
packaging and shipping will be about $70 - as they are heavier than SSHE's

pm sent too

jim

PS - jef thank you : ))

-
audio_file
yes Jim, they are, by less than 10lbs (especially considering they're tinless, naked if you will)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1563716

At any rate, as I said, I'm looking for another source.

Chris
hwgunner
Try Bruce Stone. I saw him with a set a week or 2 ago.

jonathan
hwgunner
jimkelly
looking at some ups shipping slips - it appears that sshe's are about 28lbs.

so 10 extra pounds for steel may be correct and if so, would be about a 33% increase in weight.

tins weigh almost nothing and would barely make the HE's larger to ship/box.

i am sure you can easily find another source - all the best.

jim
audio_file
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jun 14 2012, 06:13 AM) *

i am sure you can easily find another source - all the best.

jim

Thanks Jim, good luck with your sale(s).

Chris
hotlanta914
QUOTE(audio_file @ Jun 13 2012, 07:09 PM) *

yes Jim, they are, by less than 10lbs (especially considering they're tinless, naked if you will)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1563716

At any rate, as I said, I'm looking for another source.

Chris

I have a set of these that came with my 73 2.0 L - $50 for the pair plus shipping - let me know what your zip is. I will weigh them up and get you an estimate. I will try and grab a picture and send it later today if you are interested.

Brian
rhodyguy
the he set, 75' he/stub tubes/misc, i sent to sacramento were 36lbs packaged to stay under the dreaded oversize limit and ran $22.51. the monza was 23.6 lbs and ran $22.11. fedex.

chris, no heat on our cool PNW nights/mornings/days is prob the easiest way to keep your wife out of the 914. having the luxury of windshield defrosting up here is handy too.

k
Tom
Just so you know, and maybe you already do, you will need a early 2.0 muffler and hanger to complete the backdate.
Tom
audio_file
QUOTE(hotlanta914 @ Jun 14 2012, 07:15 AM) *

I have a set of these that came with my 73 2.0 L - $50....

Brian

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 14 2012, 07:19 AM) *

chris, no heat on our cool PNW nights/mornings/days is prob the easiest way to keep your wife out of the 914. having the luxury of windshield defrosting up here is handy too.

k

QUOTE(Tom @ Jun 14 2012, 07:21 AM) *

Just so you know, and maybe you already do, you will need a early 2.0 muffler and hanger to complete the backdate.
Tom

Brian: thanks man, I think I've got a set found (thank you bdstone)
K: I don't need no stinkin heat smile.gif (or whiny passengers, lol)
Tom: Thanks, I plan to pick up a Triad, and Bruce was nice enough to include a muffler hanger for a very reasonable price!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.