Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ready to Rumble
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drgchapman
Just finished installing new adjustable Koni's, lowering the car with the adjustable perches on the rear and adjusting the torsion bar stops on the front. New Triad exhaust, sounds great. Took her for a quick spin around the neighborhood, saw much tire smoke from the new 205/50-15 Hoosier on the left rear. Upon inspection, tire rubbing the inner frame member. Much clearance on the other side. In addition, had too much camber on the right, not enough on the left. So, to the alignment shop we go. Get a call from them, bent left rear swing arm mount, bent left torsion bar mount......PO slapped a curb or something and shoved the whole left side to the right. Alignment-frame shop said they could fix it. Car spent all day on the rack, picked it up at 7:30pm (sat), guy said "I think you'll like it" settings as you requested, car much straighter. Drove home, WOW!!! Outfit is called Kalberer Frame and alignment, here in Portland. $400.00 bill. Seems like a bargain for a straight car that drives incredibly. Many thanks, to JP Stein....set up guy I used his alignment settings, also to Jim Chambers, got me started in this gig.
Let's go have some fun guys! monkeydance.gif

Thanks so much, Gary : beerchug.gif
J P Stein
Humm......what was it, a week ago that we talked about this?
No sense wasting time, eh? A tweaked frame and still it's "done". biggrin.gif

With that out of the way, would you get to work on the weather? We're gonna need two dry days.....30 Oct & 7 Nov so's we can get our last 2 AXs in. If you can handle this...... pray.gif
drgchapman
JP:
Yeah, I tend to get right on things, bit of a personality flaw. Car feels great. I'll let you try it and get an experts opinion. Sure am glad the tires don't rub anymore. Gonna take it out in the wet today and see how it slides.

Gary
dlo914
l;fjfdasdf
Porsche Rescue
Damn, JP, now look what you've gone and done. I think I just dropped one notch in the standings. You better watch out. He might just be nipping your heels by this time next year!
J P Stein
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Oct 17 2004, 08:35 PM)
Damn, JP, now look what you've gone and done. I think I just dropped one notch in the standings. You better watch out. He might just be nipping your heels by this time next year!

Could be.....oldfartfieldfillers, thas us'n. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.