Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum Leaks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914guy
Well, I pulled the motor together this weekend, and cranked it over. My goal was to be out on the road that afternoon driving driving.gif it’s never that easy!

All of the vacuum hoses are brand new, and properly installed in the car, however when I went to start the car the RPM’s shot up to 3000 as soon as it turned over. I did the typical things, checked hoses, checked around air box with carb cleaner, etc. Later on in the day I was starting to get desperate for an answer, so I tried something radical. With the engine running at 3000RPM’s, I placed a sheet of hard plastic over the throttle body, restricting ALL airflow into the engine, the RPM’s dropped down to 2000 RPM’s and the engine continued to run without skipping a beat !

I’m stuck here, does anyone have any ideas?? confused24.gif

~Eric
Joe Bob
Turn down the rpms at the throttle body....

LIGHTLY spray carb cleaner around the suspect areas....if the rpms go up, ya found one......
need4speed
up from 3000 with no load?

good luck!
Lawrence
Hi Eric,

Check the manifold to throttle body hoses. One may have developed a leak, or is not exactly in place. It can create a HUGE air leak, and it was the last place I checked. You can snug those hoses in place with a big ol pair of channel locks.

-Rusty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.