Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 FI question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Regular readers know how much I love Suzi. But she has this annoying habit of of clogging injectors. Have replaced the tank, changed filter, but still happens every 2000 miles or so.

Starts with a slight misfire going thru 4k and eventually ends up a 3 cylinder. PITA job pulling and cleaning, but I did it today and she's happy now. I clean them by running FI cleaner backwards thru injector with compressed air. Does this damage anything? Injectors bad?
brant
how old are the fuel lines....
any chance they are of a construction that is not compatible with gas...

(once I was running a race gas through a new line and the gas disolved the inner lining of the line and continually clogged my carb)

brant
Bleyseng
You got the Fuel lines hooked up right? The incoming from the tank has the screen on it. If you are running it off the return you are sucking everything off the bottom of the tank.

Geoff
tod914
Try running your feed line into a jar and see if there is any crap/sediment in it. Maybe use a white paper towel as a filter to see if anything is in there. Pull 1 injector at a time and flush the line. I had some sediment from my injector elbows. Flush out the good and see if that helps.
Howard
And the winner is: Tod

Lines good, elbow crud. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.