Up for sale is my 1963 Volkswagen Beetle Ragtop. This car is an original german made ragtop bug, not a hack job or aftermarket custom job. Made in 1963, this is the last year of the ragtop bug, and these original cars are getting harder to find. This is a great car and very fun to cruise around in especially with the top open, riding nice and low to the ground.
Lowered price - looking to sell quickly!
I just had the exterior of this car car repainted a few months ago. It was professionally painted using high quality materials. It is a very beautiful dark metallic blue which must be seen in person to properly see its shine and appreciate. The car has been mostly covered or garaged since it was painted. This is not a cheapy maaco or similar paint job, and the quality of this paint really shows in person.
Heres the basic info on my car:
Lowered in front and rear.
165R15 tires in back, 175/55R15 Continental tires up front.
2" narrowed adjustable front beam (with "weld-in" style adjusters, which are stronger than more common Avis adjusters)
Brand new CB Performance 2 1/2" drop spindles.
Ride quality is great with beam adjusted all the way up and stock length shocks and the car nice and low, with go-kart like handling.
Chome slotted 15" deep dish replica Mangel(Porsche 356 style) wheels
Euro bumpers
New brakes, recently adjusted and bled.
Recently replaced canvas top.
New interior panels and seat covers.
New factory style lap belts with Wolfsburg crest decal
Original german rubber floor mat.
Ragtop assembly is complete and opens/closes perfectly.
Cal-look window rubber seals.
New transmission mounts (front and rear).
Has late model transmission nosecone with reverse-light switch so it is ready for you to install backup lights (If desired, I can include a set of reverse lights with the car)
Comes with decklid standoffs, with Hoodlum spring extension so that the decklid will stay open, even with the standoffs installed. (very uncommon) --- NOTE: these are no longer installed since I painted the car, but I can include them with the car should you want to reinstall them)
Quick release pins on the rear decklid for easy service access to hard to reach parts of the engine.
Body and pan are both solid with no rust issues.
Has shaved doors and fenders (no fender mounted turn signals).
I have a door popper/solenoid/remote kit included (At this time only the driver door solenoid has been installed.
Repaired cut radio hole section of dash with original dash section from another '63 bug (radio hole had been enlarged for a modern radio to be installed).
Some previous damage to front apron and rear body sections have been repaired using original german 1963 donor parts.
I had minor bodywork done to the fenders prior to painting it to straighten out a few dents and dings here and there.
Car has been fully converted to 12volts.
Car has shaved fenders, so I wired up parking light bulbs in the headlights to function as both parking lights and turn signals.
Car has a 2 speed, 12 volt wiper motor installed.
All electrical components of the car are working.
Current registration through June 2012, title is in my name.
Miscellaneous things the car could use:
At this point I only had exterior painted, because I was going to repaint interior original pearl white for two color inside and out, however, since I have not yet painted it, you can choose to either paint it to match the exterior, or keep it a different color, as I have both colors of paint, ready to be sprayed. (Depending of terms of sale, I am probably get the interior painted for you before finalizing a sale)
The car does not currently have a headliner installed, as I left this out pending completely finishing the inside of the car.
I have a new set of black seat covers for front and rear seats which I will include but are not currently installed on the car. Just a note about recovering the seats, the current seats in the car (as I purchased it) are a mismatched set with one 1966 front seat and one 1963 front seat, however, I have already obtained a correct 1963 seat to have a full set of matching seats, which comes with the car.
Needs steering dampener installed (I have a brand new part just not yet installed at this time)

Drivetrain Info:
This bug currently has a stock 1500 engine in it. It is reliable and will drive anywhere.
Here's the specs: 69mm stroke x 83mm bore = 1485cc displacement size
Single Solex 30pict-3 carburetor
Header w/ quietpack exhaust
Bosch 019 mechanical advance distributor (may not be included)
55 amp Bosch alternator
Standard non-doghouse fan shroud/oil cooler setup
Engine is hooked up to a 12 volt 4.12 r/p transaxle (1967+ specs) with a 12volt autostick starter (no starter bushing!)

If interested, I am willing to negotiate a price for the car without the engine, should you already have your own engine ready to go, and perhaps I can even install it for you so you can still drive this car home.

Some miscellaneous items off the top of my head that come with the car:
Spare set of 1963 doors that have not been shaved, with handles + key, should you prefer to have door handles over the shaved doors (keep in mind these doors are not paint matched to the car)
Shaved door kit - includes door poppers/solenoids/remotes/receiver unit/wiring/relays (remote module has been installed in the car, but only the driver door solenoid has been installed at this time)
Hood emblem, Wolfsburg crest, hood trim, etc (I have all the trim for this car, but it hasnt all made its way back onto the car yet since it was painted; I can easily reinstall it all before you take it home if you want)
Brand new steering dampener (needs to be installed, as there is not one currently on the car)
Brand new empi lowered shocks (barely used, prior to installing dropped spindles and narrowed beam)
Many other miscellaneous items included which can't all be listed here.

I have taken this car on road trips before and it is structurally and mechanically sound, ready for you to drive it home.
This ad reflects the condition of the car exactly as it sits right now, and I may make some minor changes on the car as it is still somewhat of a project, but I will let you know if that is the case.
This is a very fun car to drive, especially with the top wide open. The engine and paint on this car are fresh and this car is ready to drive, it only needs minor finishing work on the interior to make this car 100% complete and ready to show or cruise. You must see this car in person to truly appreciate it.

I am asking $4150 OBO for this 1963 VW Ragtop Bug. Given the condition of the paint job, body, and engine together, I believe this is a fair price, but I am open to reasonable offers. If you want to buy this car without the engine, we can discuss price. I can accept cash, PayPal, or credit/debit cards for payment.

I am open to possible trades, particularly interested in any VW bus, preferably camper, mk2 or mk4 GTI, TDI golf/jetta, Porsche 914, or maybe something else, let me know what you have. Keep in mind VW trades preferred, manual transmission only unless you have something extra special, and any cash for partial trade must be at your end.
If you are interested or have any questions, please email, or text/call Tim @ (408) 868-8463.
I'm looking to sell this quickly, so please don't hesitate to contact me with an offer!

These two pictures are the most recent, exactly how it sits right now:, aside from trim being missing in these pictures (ALL TRIM IS CURRENTLY INSTALLED!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!