Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Won second place at the VW classic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thestigz06
No big deal guys just felt like sharing my lil teener managed to pull off second place in special interest at the VW classic this past sunday! Still kinda baffled as to how.... blink.gif

I think the highlight of my day though was getting personally complimented on my car by Ron Fleming the Co-owner of FAT performance! aktion035.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

Oh and later that day this happened.... dry.gif
IPB Image

All in all a good day!
smj
Congrats! I understand this happens to all the best cars.

The Sunday before Memorial day my -6 got second place (of three cars in class!) in a local PCA wash & shine, then stranded me two miles from home. I look at it as a learning experience - I'm learning all about CV joints, axles, output flanges, and stub axles... biggrin.gif
Valy
Well, I call that cheating: you take a Porsche to a VW contest.

It's like going to an intelligence contest with breast implants and a blonde wig - you won't win but you'll get a lot of attentions from the judges.

And the trailer for a flat tire thing... definitively a blonde thing.
914Bryan
QUOTE(Valy @ Jun 14 2012, 10:34 PM) *

Well, I call that cheating: you take a Porsche to a VW contest.

It's like going to an intelligence contest with breast implants and a blonde wig - you won't win but you'll get a lot of attentions from the judges.

And the trailer for a flat tire thing... definitively a blonde thing.

Funny, there is not one thing on my car that says Porsche except for the registration! lol-2.gif
EdwardBlume
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Its nice to have your hard work and investment recognized... Even when it's just a bunch of old farts! (like me) beerchug.gif
Thestigz06
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 15 2012, 05:19 AM) *

Its nice to have your hard work and investment recognized... Even when it's just a bunch of old farts! (like me) beerchug.gif

Hey man I appreciate old farts compliments way more then the young douchebags(like me) Saying "cool car man! What is it?" poke.gif
JawjaPorsche
jim_hoyland
Way to go ! Who were the other 914 participants
GaroldShaffer
first.gif smilie_pokal.gif
tod914
WTG! Poster looks great.
rick 918-S
Better a flat bed than a damaged Enkei 92. Nice wheels. smile.gif
lotus_65
congrats! i did that too, got 2nd place (but only one car entered!).
that plaque kicks azz!
Maltese Falcon
Nice going:-) a few years ago my '85 doublecab took home "Best engineered"
With the Chevy/g50 transplant at the "Classic". Its a great show ! I saw a caravan of old vw buses and transporters going home from the show crawling up the 5 near Valencia. Our black 9146gt took the"Cool Style" award at the "Friends of Steve McQueen" car show on June the 2nd. You should check that show out next year on June 1, 2013.
Congrats on your win,
Marty
Thestigz06
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jun 15 2012, 03:14 PM) *

Well there was a gentleman with a red 74 that was a super nice fellow who DD's his 2.0 and the guy next to me in that orange one who gave me that "smug" look and didnt talk to me. huh.gif
Thestigz06
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 16 2012, 08:15 AM) *

Better a flat bed than a damaged Enkei 92. Nice wheels. smile.gif

Thanks man! I love them!
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Thestigz06 @ Jun 16 2012, 09:32 AM) *

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jun 15 2012, 03:14 PM) *

Well there was a gentleman with a red 74 that was a super nice fellow who DD's his 2.0 and the guy next to me in that orange one who gave me that "smug" look and didnt talk to me. huh.gif

It's funny about neighbors around your car.At McQueen show, I was parked in a sea of 911s that all bailed out after I got the award. Lots of kids came over with their parents to see the trophy, that was cool.
The grass around my six was full of coins, from people getting under the car for a better look at the drive train...bizzare.
Congrats again on your win!
DBCooper
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 16 2012, 11:38 AM) *

The grass around my six was full of coins, from people getting under the car for a better look at the drive train...bizzare.

I know exactly how that works, kids entered mine and won "best watercooled" at Bugorama a few years ago. It says "Volkswagen Werke AG" on the VIN tag, doesn't it? I was there again last month with my 914 and older son, who has a Soobie powered 58 ragtop beetle autocrosser, but just in the swap meet/camping area. We left the deck lids up and there were people two deep around both cars all weekend. I think VW guys get tired of seeing cars that are pretty much the same but with different kinds of carburetors, different wheels, maybe different paint and that's about it. Show up with something entirely different, like a watercooled aircooled car, and it's like whole new lands of possibilities appear before their eyes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.