Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Sail trim fasteners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
xperu
I'm not sure what they are called exactly, but I am looking for the R&L side sail trim fasteners that hold the side trim to the body at the trunk level/bottom of the sail trim peice. Thanks. Mike
TheCabinetmaker
I have a few. Do you need them for both sides?
Mikey914
If you can't find used dealers still have them available.
nickp997
QUOTE(xperu @ Jun 15 2012, 01:31 PM) *

I'm not sure what they are called exactly, but I am looking for the R&L side sail trim fasteners that hold the side trim to the body at the trunk level/bottom of the sail trim peice. Thanks. Mike

Once Mike gets what he needs, I could use same for my right side....hope there are enough to go around.
TheCabinetmaker
gotcha covered nick.
TheCabinetmaker
I have noticed (when removing these clips) that there is generally a blob of urethane or butyl on the top of the clip, and a small piece of double side tape on the very end of the trim. I think this was meant to help the end of the trim stay in contact with the body during high speeds.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 16 2012, 08:34 AM) *

I have noticed (when removing these clips) that there is generally a blob of urethane or butyl on the top of the clip, and a small piece of double side tape on the very end of the trim. I think this was meant to help the end of the trim stay in contact with the body during high speeds.

The Butyl was "intended" to keep the water from the tires from passing throught the holes in the body at the clips!
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jun 16 2012, 01:54 PM) *

The Butyl was "intended" to keep the water from the tires from passing throught the holes in the body at the clips!

I would have thought the same, except its on the top of the clip in contact with the back of the trim.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 16 2012, 01:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jun 16 2012, 01:54 PM) *

I would have thought the same, except its on the top of the clip in contact with the back of the trim.

I think they would push it into the hole from the top then pop in the clip or visa versa! Just trying to keep the water from passing through the hole!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.