Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can someone show me how this works?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
IPB Image

I get some of it, but I'm not seeing the whole picture. How does this all fit together?

I know that the firewall mount welds to the firewall.
I know that the v shaped piece with the arms mounts to the engine.

What I don't see, or haven't seen up close and personal is how they mate together.

Any help?

thanks!
toolguy
just like a stock 911 mount. . .
Andyrew
Big holes in firewall mount are where the motor mounts go. Bolt goes through obvious spot on engine mount.
seanery
so the motor's part of the mount is held under the firewall's mount?

For some reason I always expected it would sit on top. hmm
Andyrew
To be honest I dont know. I can just see that those pieces go there smile.gif

But based on the design of the motor piece I would say yes, motor piece is on bottom. (Makes sense. Remove bolts, lower engine.)
toolguy
the rubber cushions go on top of the firewall part. . the long bolts go thru that to the engine part with the nuts on the bottom, so it hangs on the long bolts
SLITS
The big part gets welded to the firewall (bolted if you are lazy). The top of the shelf is mounted 7" above the body seam and centered in the engine bay. If you are using CIS you can drop it to about 6 1/2" to get clearance for the CIS system.

The nose piece (smaller big part) is bolted to the engine.

The rubber mounts, sit over the holes in the top shelf and are attached with the short fasteners. Tighten them after the engine is in place as all they do is locate the motor mount.

The big washer is placed over the long bolt and dropped through the mount (same as a 911 mounting). This keeps the bolt from pulling through the rubber under weight. I don't see those bolts in your kit, but they are the same as used on the 911 mount.

When raising the engine into place, the outer ends of the engine mount are captured by the long bolts. Once in place, washer and nut and tighten.

And when you install the engine, you cannot put the front engine tin on as it won't clear the mount. Install after engine is in.

Need images?
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 15 2012, 02:59 PM) *
so the motor's part of the mount is held under the firewall's mount?

Yes, the engine hangs off the mounts ...
popcorn[1].gif
carr914
Click to view attachment
seanery
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 15 2012, 06:26 PM) *

Need images?

Thanks for the detailed instructions, Ron!

I'll never turn down pictures biggrin.gif

*edit* and there it is, TC has a pic to show =)
seanery
IPB Image

this clears up a bit for me.
Eric_Shea
Happy to help... biggrin.gif

Let me know if you need more shots.
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 19 2012, 09:45 AM) *
this clears up a bit for me.

And don't forget the big ass washer on top of that rubber mount ...
shades.gif
Eric_Shea
Big ass picture of said big ass washer...

Click to view attachment
seanery
that is a big ass washer! popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.