Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 scale models, what is the largest with the most details?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
I'm a complete noob when it comes to 914 scale models.

I'm looking for the largest model of a GT body car with good detail that one can buy off the shelf ...
idea.gif
sfrenck
Wouldn't that be 1:1? The off the shelf part may be a little hard.
GeorgeRud
The largest I can think of is the 1/12th scale RC body that fits the Tamiya chassis. They were available as a group buy a while back.
Tom_T
Andy -

I think 1:18 is it & probably from Auto Art, but their current offering is a narrow body -6 in L80E, Tangerine or Silver & about $125-130-ish IIRC (was posted on here last year). Good detail - I got an L80E.

Their GT-6 was an older run probably occasionally coming up on the evil-bay.

Keep looking at Diecast Direct & those types for new, but google price search for best prices & at eBay for when an older 914-6GT or new release comes up.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 15 2012, 05:32 PM) *

Andy -

I think 1:18 is it & probably from Auto Art, but their current offering is a narrow body -6 in L80E, Tangerine or Silver & about $125-130-ish IIRC (was posted on here last year). Good detail - I got an L80E.

Their GT-6 was an older run probably occasionally coming up on the evil-bay.

Keep looking at Diecast Direct & those types for new, but google price search for best prices & at eBay for when an older 914-6GT or new release comes up.

Dang, those look nice! smilie_pokal.gif
http://www.prestigehobbies.com/Porsche-914...iecast-Car.html

So did they ever make a GT version with flares?
idea.gif

SirAndy
One more question, i'm rather hesitant to buy online, being a computer guy and all, so my question is, is there a walk in store that i can buy one of those from?

The 1/18 scale would be perfect for my little project! idea.gif

Like i said, i really know nothing about scale model cars.
unsure.gif
poorsche914
A 1:43 version of the 914-6 GT is available from AA and also from overseas. Made by Schuco and limited to only 500 pieces.

Click to view attachment

If you need something with the 916 front bumper, search on ebay for porsche 916 1/43 There is a blue 916 from Asia for less than $20 shipped.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 15 2012, 09:05 PM) *

A 1:43 version of the 914-6 GT is available from AA and also from overseas. Made by Schuco and limited to only 500 pieces.

If you need something with the 916 front bumper, search on ebay for porsche 916 1/43 There is a blue 916 from Asia for less than $20 shipped.

Thanks for the tips, but 1:43 is too small for what i'm after. 1:18 seems perfect.
idea.gif
euro911
I bought the ivory 914 for my wife from AutoArt as well - very nice.

I also picked up a silver '67 911 and a '60's red beetle from them - all 1/18th scale.

Don't know where there's a walk-in store to get them from ...
Gustl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 16 2012, 02:42 AM) *

Dang, those look nice! smilie_pokal.gif
http://www.prestigehobbies.com/Porsche-914...iecast-Car.html

So did they ever make a GT version with flares?
idea.gif

they will do the 914-6 GT
I don't know if you're patient enaugh, but in February 2010 the launced the information that AutoArt will make a 1/18 model of the 1971 Waldegaard/Thorszelius Monte Carlo 914-6 GT 914.1.43.0139
They will also bring 914-6 with "GT body kit" (maybe they talk about M471 ??) in the colours gemini blue, signal orange and saturn yellow

Revell also stated that they will do a 1/18 conda green wide body car

but we all know how long we had to wait for the other 1/18 scale models

other thing would be the Völkl resine kit in 1/24
very rare, very expensive - available as LeMans winnig GT #40 and Monte Carlo factory GT

beerchug.gif Gustl
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jun 15 2012, 10:55 PM) *
but we all know how long we had to wait for the other 1/18 scale models

So it's been two years since they announced the "coming soon" for the GT? blink.gif

Well, it looks like i'll be getting the die cast 1:18 of the narrow body 914-6.

That should be close enough to what i need ...
piratenanner.gif
Zimms
They have been really slow with he 914 GT. They had a prototype at a toy show a few years ago. The link has the photo.

AutoArt 914/6 GT

They narrow body one is well done. I am looking forward to the GT.
Cairo94507
Andy the 1/18 scale 914-6 is incredible, the detail will blow you away; I have it in orange and white.
I bought on-line and had no issues at all. I thin they were about $118 each.
Michael
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 16 2012, 09:41 AM) *
Well, it looks like i'll be getting the die cast 1:18 of the narrow body 914-6.
That should be close enough to what i need ...
piratenanner.gif

And here it is!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

1:18, signal orange, narrow body, very good quality.

I think it will work just fine for my little project.
driving.gif
tod914
Get two and make a limo. Very nice scale model.
MDG
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 16 2012, 12:41 PM) *

So it's been two years since they announced the "coming soon" for the GT? blink.gif

The 914-6 model you just got was about 5 or 6 years from when AutoArt first announced it . . to 'coming soon' . . to still 'coming soon' . . . to finally released.

Seriously. Maybe even longer.
mittelmotor
More detail shots of the 1:18 AutoArt car I posted a while back:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=200782
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.