Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What color Enkei 92's for my silver '75?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
audio_file
I love the classic Enkei 92's and I've bought a set to put on my silver '75, I'm just not sure what color the center should be; the classic gold, black, or even silver(ish) to match the car???
So, help me decide! Post whatever pics you have of teeners or other "classics" on Enkei mesh 92's... Or just vote on which you think will look best!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Chris
audio_file
Couple more...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Chris
messix
silver
or
argent [dark silverish gray]
audio_file
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 15 2012, 07:13 PM) *

silver
or
argent [dark silverish gray]

Similar to the anthracite I was considering... Looks really sweet with a polished lip, like this:

IPB Image

Chris
Black22
1st choice = black center w/ polished lip
2nd choice = fully polished
Tom
Black center with polished lip. Not done very well, need to get them redone, someday.
Tom
rick 918-S
I had these ones done with black powder coat.
sixnotfour
biggrin.gif
audio_file
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 16 2012, 09:18 AM) *

biggrin.gif

You WOULD say green biggrin.gif lol-2.gif
TravisNeff
mmm black
audio_file
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 16 2012, 08:37 AM) *

Whats that cost(ish)? Not sure if I like the gloss black or a more flat black more.... Can they do a more matte finish with the powder coat? (I think) you've had a few sets of these, how do you prep them for refinishing?

Chris
audio_file
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jun 16 2012, 10:44 AM) *

mmm black

Love your car in the seal grey Travis, looks great with the black 92's!
SUNAB914
I like them too, go with Black or gold.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(audio_file @ Jun 16 2012, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 16 2012, 08:37 AM) *

Whats that cost(ish)? Not sure if I like the gloss black or a more flat black more.... Can they do a more matte finish with the powder coat? (I think) you've had a few sets of these, how do you prep them for refinishing?

Chris

I masked off the lip and soda blasted the set for Sandy's Ravenna car. Then I polished the outer lip, brought them into the kitchen and put them in the dish washer to get rid of the compound and soda dust. It cost $ 300.00 to get them powder coated. I had the rear lip and the back of the wheel center done also. This should help with brake dust removal. I had them done in gloss black again so it would be easier to clean.

I have a set I bought from Travis off his car he posted in this thread. He went 5 bolt. They are painted now but I am going to the same thing to this set for the Raspberry car.
audio_file
Votes aren't even close! I'm surprised that silver/anthracite is so far behind...

So, then the question becomes, if black, gloss or matte (with a highly polished lip on a freshly painted silver teener)?
shades.gif
Chris
messix
QUOTE(audio_file @ Jun 18 2012, 04:43 PM) *

Votes aren't even close! I'm surprised that silver/anthracite is so far behind...

So, then the question becomes, if black, gloss or matte (with a highly polished lip on a freshly painted silver teener)?
shades.gif
Chris

dont drink the cool aide! argent is the color for your car!!!!
Vysoc
[size=7]BLACK
Click to view attachment
BLACK
Click to view attachment
Vysoc flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.