Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint in wheelwells...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
speed metal army
The wells were painted the same color as the exterior from the factory,but it just looks odd to me. Oversparayish every time i get a glimpse of it.. Black euro undercoat i think.. Trying to dig up some comparison pics.
pete-stevers
I have a shutz gun you can borrow
pop into Lordco Abby and get Sarah in paint to help you out
SirAndy
I tried the el cheapo way with black rattlecan paint and it looks OK for a while but you have to reapply it periodically to touch up the rock chips.

The problem with the stronger undercoating stuff is that it tends to hide problems and can trap water when it gets old and brittle.

popcorn[1].gif
speed metal army
Proform euro undercoat is kinda thin textured stuff.. It actually looks like the sail vinyl a bit, and dries hard... We shall see.
Steven, i may take you up on that. I dont have a compressor at home headbang.gif
mittelmotor
I just did mine with Rustoleum rubberized undercoating. Great stuff! About $7/can at WalMart. I'm thinking it'll resist rock chips to some degree, especially as I applied it extra thick aft of front wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.