Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cap for the heater tubes in the engine compartment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
Who makes a cap for the heater tubes? I will be running headers so I need to cap off the tube in my engine compartment. Any chance that someone makes cap for this?

Thanks

David

popcorn[1].gif
TheCabinetmaker
I think its a 2" rubber cap for pvc plumbing pipe that is a near perfect fit.
rohar
Wilson makes them. Might need a little duct tape to keep them there:

IPB Image
sixnotfour
spray paint/carb cleaner/brake cleaner caps with out the screwdriver slot
Maltese Falcon
Cap-plugs company, or the dust cover caps off of a turbonetics gtk 350 turbocharger.
type47
flag.gif response entered in error
Lennies914
I used a 2" expanding pipe plug. It works very well. Insert and tighten the wingnut.
Grelber
+1 on the spray paint can top. Fits like a glove.
Harpo
Cap-Plugs makes some really nice ones that are relatively heat resistant but I can't seem to figure out how to order less than 100.

The other option are also appreciated

Thanks

David
sixnotfour
I have had paint caps for years no problem.
However here is the capplugs, unfortunately he does not list the PN.
http://hartpenn.blogspot.com/2011/08/plugg...tube-holes.html

I had been searching for some CAPlugs which is what ElectroAutomotive suggested using to plug the 914 heater tube ends. I found some distributors but they all looked like they wanted to do high volume sales. I e-mailed the EVDL without much luck except getting the same list I had previously "Googled". After a couple of weeks, I received an e-mail from Stephen Kocsis of CAPlugs.com who kindly offered to send some samples of what I needed. The CAPug.com catalog is overwhelming to say the least; they must have over a thousand different plastic products to choose from. However, I did find the two different sizes CAPlugs that I needed and e-mailed them off to Stephen. About a week later, I received six of the CAPlugs that were exactly what I needed.
LotusJoe
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 16 2012, 12:34 PM) *

I think its a 2" rubber cap for pvc plumbing pipe that is a near perfect fit.

I just bought a bag of 25 from McMaster Carr. If you need one PM me

Joe
bdstone914
QUOTE(Harpo @ Jun 16 2012, 12:32 PM) *

Who makes a cap for the heater tubes? I will be running headers so I need to cap off the tube in my engine compartment. Any chance that someone makes cap for this?

Thanks

David

popcorn[1].gif

David
A company called Porsche makes the.
Any more tough questions?
I have some real ones.
Bruce
OU8AVW
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 17 2012, 03:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Harpo @ Jun 16 2012, 12:32 PM) *

Thanks

David

popcorn[1].gif

David
A company called Porsche makes the.
Any more tough questions?
I have some real ones.
Bruce

huh.gif Everyone loves a smart ass biggrin.gif
Harpo
Thanks Bruce,

What does the porsche cap look like? Does it have an emblem on it? biggrin.gif How much?

David
rhodyguy
as mentioned, a set of rubber caps and ss clamps can be found in your local hardware store in the plumbing department. i used them to cap the j-tubes as i didn't run an aux heat fan. you will need to fab up some covers for the j-tube holes in the engine tin.

k
76-914
Budweiser can cut in half
SLITS
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 17 2012, 07:34 AM) *

Budweiser can cut in half

That's about all that brand of beer is good for.

I prefer RC Cola cans wub.gif

Now if they ever put Cassadores in cans, well ................................
Harpo
Thanks LotusJoe

David
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.