1974 Standard Beetle original California car with original blue plates - NO SMOG required - 1600 single port engine rebuilt 3 years ago - I've owned the car for a little over two years and put about 6,000 miles on the clock. Car runs great and has been driving locally on the west side almost every day for 2 years. Everything is in working order except the high beam switch in the steering column. Easy fix, I never needed high beams around town so didn't replace the part. I now have a long commute and have since bought a new car. I love this car but I simply don't have time to drive and enjoy the car anymore and would like it to be somewhere it can be driven as it was intended. This is not a show car, it is not restored, it is not perfect, it is a very good looking daily driver with over $2000 in new parts.

Newly replaced parts include:

Fuel filter, plugs, points, reverse light switch, front brake hoses, front wheel bearings, upper and lower ball joints, rear shocks.

All new seat upholstery front and rear, including foam filler. Interior door panels and window cranks. Sun visors. Steering wheel center plastic trim. Glove box interior. Carpet and OEM style rubber floor mats. Sony CD with aux-in. 4 X pioneer 6.5" speakers and Rockford 350W amp to10" Rockford sub. Headliner is ok, not perfect. no holes. Vinyl on B-pillar posts needs replaced. Have correct year new old-stock dash pad not installed.

5.5" X 15" sport wheels (plus matching spare) silver powder-coated with 185/65/15 Sumitomo HTR P01 tires - less than 2,000 miles. These are the wheels found on Sport Beetles and the Porsche 914. They have a nice offset and sit flush with the side of the car and have a deeper dish rim. Make the car look really nice.

Front turn signal lenses - not housings. New-old stock tail-lamp lenses. Bumper rubber strips and end caps. Front hood seal and fresh air vent seal. Door seals including new German rubbers and felt. Rear window seal. High quality stainless exhaust tips.

Car has typical minor surface rust on rear roof rail c-pillars left and right. Floor pans, heater channels are all rust free.

This is truly a fun car to drive around town and it gets a lot of compliments. Its dependable and will not fail you. If you are looking for a great looking daily driver without all the worry of taking a fully restored classic to the beach or the grocery store parking lot. This is it!

PLEASE READ:
I work M-F and will do my best to answer emails quickly and set up viewing for serious buyers. Please don't waste my time or yours with low ball offers. I am willing to answer questions that aren't answered in the listing.

More Pictures Available: http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0097009/photos/80550348@N07/sets/72157630154417372/

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!