Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle cable ferrule
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Does anyone know where to purchase a ferrule with similar dimensions and design as the OE throttle cable? The PO of this car cut the end off to fit the single weber he had on it and its something I've been meaning to replace. I have a crimper already. Mostly I just don't feel like replacing the whole cable because its otherwise in great condition. Thank you!

-George
TheCabinetmaker
Try a local bike shop. I find a lot of nla hardware at a local motorcycle salvage. When I worked for a yamaha dealer in the sixtys, we made our own cables.
IronHillRestorations
I have a few of those, brand new. PM me and I'll send you one.
ThePaintedMan
Perry,

No way! Very cool. PM sent.
ThePaintedMan
Curt,
That is a good point. Will check a bike shop when I get a chance. I should have been more clear before, but this is for the linkage or engine end of the cable, not the accel pedal end.
Scott S
Heavy duty bike cables work really well in a pinch. bike shops will also cut them while you wait and you can ask that the ferrule not be clamped to the sheathing, allowing you to further manipulte/fine tune the length.

I just used one on a 1946 Triumph roadster. worked perfectly.
76-914
check this page http://www.aircraftspruce.com/search/search.php
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.