Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Difference in pistons
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
I_like_2_weld
These dished pistons are from the new 93mm pistons & jugs I bought on sale from AA. The old domed pistons are from my stock bore 1.7 I didn't realize how dished the new ones are. Are they bus pistons?
Dave_Darling
The 1.8s had a lower compression than the 1.7s did. I think the 1.7s ran 8.2:1 and the 1.8s ran 7.6:1.

What does the dish measure? What kind of deck height will the pistons give you?

--DD
I_like_2_weld
Thanks for the reply Dave. I am at work today & the pistons are at home. I do know the pins are in the same place relative to the flat surface of both pistons so that deck height of the flat part will be the same. The dish on the one is almost the same size as the dome on the other one. I have to have the 1.7 heads fly cut anyway, for the 93mm jugs so now I will have to figure out how much deeper to cut to get the compression back. I was not planning on using the aluminum spacer/gaskets on the top or bottom of the jugs and lapping the jugs to the heads.
SirAndy
I don't know much about this stuff, but the bus pistons i have seen had a much deeper dish that the ones in your picture.
popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.