Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flat-bedded home along the Garden State Parkway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sandee
Well, I took a drive down the short to a combo swap meet / car show (sorry Tod, it was a last minute trip). Had a great time, until the drive home.

I was limited to 2nd and 3rd gear. Couldn't get into any other gear - felt like the gearbox was jammed. I tried to make it home going 35mph on the Parkway ... but got pulled over right away. But I guess I was lucky, I could have done more damage if I kept going.

Here's a shot of the engine support that came undone on the right side of the car. Heater thingy came off too. I'm hoping I didn't wreck anything or bend the rod.

IPB Image

Here's a picture coming off the bed at my dad's house. I figured if the car was dead, I'd leave it there for the winter (my storage space).

IPB Image

Well - we put a 28 cent nut on the screw ... that held it in place and the gearbox is working 99%. But I'm going to bring the car in for a check-up any way ...

wacko.gif

This was my first official problem with the car. I blame myself really - it was making noise for a while now ... I thought it was just a "30 year old car noise" ... I really should have looked into it right away!
tod914
Hey Sandee,

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I planned on going, but I have been having really bad balance problems since I started chriopratic work for my neck 2 weeks ago. Good luck with it. I'm currently looking for winter storage for mine as well. If your dad has an xtra space for rent let me know. rolleyes.gif BTW when you find a shop to work on it, have them go through the car and torque all the key nuts & bolts to spec. Transmounts, Engine mounts, Brakes calipers, front wheel bearings, CV bolts, Transhousing bolts, etc.
Sandee
Feel better Tod!
skline
How did you post 2 seperate pictures in one post?? Inquiring minds what to know.
Part Pricer
QUOTE(skline @ Oct 18 2004, 11:28 AM)
How did you post 2 seperate pictures in one post?? Inquiring minds what to know.

He linked to pictures posted on his 1&1 website.
Aaron Cox
http://s91595436.onlinehome.us/cars/flatbe...ome/defaul2.jpg

looks like she is hosting them elsewhere and hot linking them using the IMG button
ruddyboys
Hi Sandee, Sorry to hear about your misshap, glad everything turned OK. With the engine dropping down like that I would check the heat exchanger for bending. I don't think you damaged anything, but welcome to the world of 30 year old cars. Keep us up to date on the progress. Tod hope you are doing better.
Take care.
Pat-
Sandee
Correct, I host my pix on my own site and just use the IMG button to include them in the post.

I use my dev site (s91595436.onlinehome.us) for non-Sandeeland pix - which is hosted elsewhere.

Thanks for the comments guys - hoping all will be well soon enough!

type.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.