Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front sway bar ID?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ldsgeek
Can anyone ID this sway bar? It was given to me, along with a stock rear bar, and I know nothing about it other than it is a 22mm bar (see the high precision measuring tool).
Click to view attachment

Bar end splines
Click to view attachment

Bar end link
Click to view attachment

Full bar
Click to view attachment
seanery
Weltmeister 22mm Sway Bar

That looks like this to me, although the drop link is a bit different.

IPB Image
ldsgeek
Also the Weltmeister has a square end, not splined. But, yeah the bar end looks very similar. Maybe an older version?
jcd914
Everything about this set up looks like Weltmeister except the splined ends.
The drop links look like their "competition" adjustable drop links.
The slider clamps look just like some early Weltmeister parts I have.
But I have never seen a splined sway bar from Weltmeister, it could just be very early parts.
In 1988-94 I worked for a shop that periodically did development work for them and the bar ends were square back then.

Jim
ldsgeek
Does anyone know if this would be good for a street car with occasional AutoX? If not does anyone want to trade for a more suitable setup for that use? I also have a stock rear setup that will go on this car eventually, if that makes a difference.
gms
QUOTE(ldsgeek @ Jun 18 2012, 11:59 AM) *

Does anyone know if this would be good for a street car with occasional AutoX? If not does anyone want to trade for a more suitable setup for that use? I also have a stock rear setup that will go on this car eventually, if that makes a difference.

I might be interested, can you take the drop links off and shoot some pix of the spines on the bar to see if they are damaged?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.