Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tie downs / tow hooks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Blynes
Does anyone carry rear tie downs and front tow hooks that bolt to a 914?

Performance products lists them but they told me it was a mistake and they only fit a 911.

Bill
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Blynes @ Oct 18 2004, 07:43 AM)
Performance products lists them but they told me it was a mistake and they only fit a 911.

Chris Campbell just went through this - IIRC the solution was just to drill the holes a bit bigger - the 914 rear pivot pin (BIG shoulder bolt) is 18mm and 911 rear shock hardware is 14mm.

18mm is a gnat's whisker from 5/8" for which drill bits exist and are readily available.

i got a pair (for the 911) and they are nice pieces.

but it seems to me someone was making them for the front, check the Resources section.

i'd hesitate to use anything that bolts to the front A-Arm area with anything but a stock valence - i think a tow line would quickly shred a spoiler or deep air dam. finding a place that is both structurally sound and cosmetically acceptable (for a street car) is a bit of a challenge.
d914
tie downs for the back are easy if you have a junk yard near by. I'm using the factory engine removal brackets from a some type of ford or chevy van. Looks just looks like what they're selling. Have used them for 5 years.

Still figuring out the front, even on a track car, not much to attach to. Has anyone done a vertical mount on the outside edge of the headlight bucket and how easy is it to re-enforce..??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.