Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 2004 movie file
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cooltimes
This was the BEST 914 "coverage" in 2004 and personally I think it was the best 914 event since the 914 was manufactured way back when. I remember watching a movie of the WCC 2004. Thought it was here on 914world.com but couldn't find it when looking just now. Big file, over 13 minutes in viewing time.
I want to download a copy for viewing. Is that cool or against the rules of the owners copyright?
Aaron Cox
i think the "alien" has it.
skline
Are you talking about the video where all the cars were driving along a little road? That is the only video I remember. There were some of the AX's. Which one are you talking about?
cooltimes
Yes. The film of all the 914's driving down a lane with white fence, then on to the track, AX and all. Fantastic thing to watch because it also had sound with all our favorite model, the 914's varoooming.

Cooltimes
Howard
We're trying to put together a 2004 highlights cd or dvd (you listening, Sean, Alien??) as a goodie bag item for WCC 2005. I have about 60mb of video of the AX, but a little too bulky to post.

Here is the Short Version
SLITS
I assume it will be found sometime in the 30th Century buried in a pile of rusty unidentifiable parts on an Archaeological Dig in the 20th Century area known as the upper midwest. laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
that vid was comical. you could see who has swaybars etc... biggrin.gif
skline
Try looking in Here for the videos, that is where everything was moved to.
McMark
I have a copy of Richs alien video done by his kids. It's a car build video so it only covers the WCC partially. It's a full CD, so no posty.
ejm
agree.gif Alien video is cool....copied it to my laptop from Rick's CD

Dunno if it was ever posted anywhere confused24.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ejm @ Oct 18 2004, 03:49 PM)
agree.gif   Alien video is cool....copied it to my laptop from Rick's CD

Dunno if it was ever posted anywhere  :confused:

Hi Ed! wavey.gif
I attempted to up load the file to a few FTP sites but I'm not a computer guy.

I sent out a few copies of the video my kids put together. As I've said before the video the kids did was a school project about their involvement in helping with the completion of the Alien and their trip to the WCC. The video was filmed and edited through the eye's of 17 year old kids. The film and still shots were edited on a laptop in the car during our 4 day return trip from the event. They had a limited amount of resources during the edit.

Now that the cat is out of the bag.... Anyone wanting a copy will need to attend the FFC (if I get my water pump intime:confused: ) I'm bringing several limited edition copies with to give out as gifts. So if you want a free copy you know what to do. aktion035.gif driving.gif

or contact markd@mac.com. Mark has graciously offered to make more copies to distribute to the club. There wiil be a cost for postage and what ever Mark needs to make them work. It's in his hands. For you guy's on the other side of the pond you may be able to talk Jeroen into mailing a copy to you.
Thanks Mark! clap56.gif

Howard, PM me your address and I'll send one to you personally. You can edit out the trip stuff and use the rest to promo the WCC 05. I won't have much time to respond to requests. I'm back on the list of rep's to be sent to Florida to work storm claims. The job is 21 days on 3 off 21 on. I thought I was given a pass this year, but....
cooltimes
Thanks all that replied on list and "off" for leading me back to the WCC 2004 link.
Made my day just seeing all you having fun, again, and again and again and again.
Like the Beverly Hillbilly tune says, "California is the place to be".
Ya'll come back now when Howard gets it lined up for 2005.
Thanks.
Mike Cooley aka Cooltimes
Memphis

PS Winhell trashed my system right after the link inquiry when looking for a video player to see the movies. Just now back up.
Bleyseng
I went back and looked at some more pics I had never seen. Even some of me driving RichL car.
The video was cool cuz you could hear the effin wind blowing! Took a few days to get the sand out of my eyes after AXing.

Geoff™
Howard
Rich, thanks, and anyone else who has good stuff from 2004 please send to

The Howard Agency
31225 La Baya #207
Westlake Village, CA 91362

I'll get our hotshot video editor (Hi Sean) on it right away. Would like to be able to send it out to all when 2005 registrations start coming in.

Rich, does your carrier write in CA?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 19 2004, 08:12 AM)
Rich, thanks, and anyone else who has good stuff from 2004 please send to

The Howard Agency
31225 La Baya #207
Westlake Village, CA 91362

I'll get our hotshot video editor (Hi Sean) on it right away. Would like to be able to send it out to all when 2005 registrations start coming in.

Rich, does your carrier write in CA?

If my water pump arrives as promised tomorrow I will give hand Sean a copy personally on Friday night or Saturday. Hows that for service. Sean viewed the film at the MWC. I only had the one copy then so I couldn't leave it with him. Sean can do as he pleases with it. There should be enough material there to make a short promo for the 05 event.

And Yes! the parent company I work for writes in California. The company I work for was purchased by Nationwide Insurance. Are you an agent for them?
cooltimes
beerchug.gif
In one of the videos on Howards page, there is the Movie2.wmv. ( inspection of a black 914 by ?).
Did anyone buy that 914? How much was they asking and what did it sell for if it was sold?
Just curious.

TIA
MikeCool
Memphis
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.