Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Virtual Drive in the North Georgia mountains
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
Hope this works...
click on link and adjust the "settings" to HD 1080p. It takes a while to load but streamed fine when I tried it.
Hope you enjoy. Its my first attempt at posting a video on YouTube.

http://youtu.be/xSU_UoSG7DA

driving.gif
slothness
Thanks for the ride! smilie_pokal.gif

The car sounds great and looks awesome from the inside. Nice leather wrapped steering wheel too.
SLITS
Nice drive ...
ThePaintedMan
Very nice. Looks like Gwinnett County? I spent many a Summer up that way. Love Georgia.
JawjaPorsche
That is highway 197 near Batesville! I live about 15 miles from there! Stop by for a visit in Clayton. I was bicycling that road last Friday! Terry
6freak
cool! love the green and it has a nice tone from the tail pipe aktion035.gif
smile.gif
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jun 18 2012, 02:07 PM) *

That is highway 197 near Batesville! I live about 15 miles from there! Stop by for a visit in Clayton. I was bicycling that road last Friday! Terry

I've been meaning to drop you a line. I need to make it up that way and say hi sometime. If I recall you have the same car as me and you have for while. I would love to compare the two. I'm pretty sure the PO of my car changed a couple of random things on mine. beerchug.gif
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 18 2012, 02:32 PM) *

cool! love the green and it has a nice tone from the tail pipe aktion035.gif
smile.gif

Thanks. Next purchase will be an external mic. I love the sound of these cars so much I want to really dial it in.
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jun 18 2012, 02:00 PM) *

Very nice. Looks like Gwinnett County? I spent many a Summer up that way. Love Georgia.

Thanks, Close. Its Habersham County GA.
I've lived in Florida for the last 7 or 8 years and no doubt North Georgia is the place to be in the summer. I like the temp. and the 914 likes the roads. I do like Florida for the early summer and late fall! and a nice cruise along the beach is also hard to beat. beerchug.gif
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 18 2012, 01:15 PM) *

Nice drive ...

Thanks beerchug.gif
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(slothness @ Jun 18 2012, 01:08 PM) *

Thanks for the ride! smilie_pokal.gif

The car sounds great and looks awesome from the inside. Nice leather wrapped steering wheel too.

Thanks, and your welcome! I've spent hours watching videos like this on youtube, even (maybe especially) after I got my car, and I wanted to try to make my own to give a little back. More to come! I'm thinking Richard B Russell Scenic Hwy. next.
ConeDodger
Nice! We need a favorite roads video thread! biggrin.gif
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 18 2012, 04:06 PM) *

Nice! We need a favorite roads video thread! biggrin.gif

agree.gif
When my car has had leaking injectors or broken clutch cable tubes or (what ever is next on the list), I have relied on videos of others driving their cars around for my 914 fix (no pun intended). I can only imagine how much some of the brave souls on this site doing the good work of saving rusty old 914s that are far from being on the road are going through.
ThePaintedMan
I used to spend the Summers performing in a circus (no joke) at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, which is about an hour south of Atlanta. Great roads down there in Harris County as well. If I ever come back up that way I'd love to catch up with you guys!
Jake Raby
And at one point you were less than 5 miles from Aircooled Heaven! You also drove right past my Grandparent's house :-)

Now you guys can see why we choose to operate here.
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 19 2012, 10:55 AM) *

And at one point you were less than 5 miles from Aircooled Heaven! You also drove right past my Grandparent's house :-)

I keep hoping I'll meet the Porsche Type "456" on the road one of these days. Closest I came on this drive was the VW Bug at 9:30 and I don't think that was very close. I'll check your site for progress... Very cool project!
Elliot Cannon
Nice hat. biggrin.gif
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jun 19 2012, 09:20 AM) *

I used to spend the Summers performing in a circus (no joke) at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, which is about an hour south of Atlanta. Great roads down there in Harris County as well. If I ever come back up that way I'd love to catch up with you guys!

Just drop me a line beerchug.gif
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 19 2012, 01:50 PM) *

Nice hat. biggrin.gif

My other hat is a targa top. biggrin.gif I need to put that on a baseball cap with a 914 logo.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 19 2012, 10:55 AM) *

I keep hoping I'll meet the Porsche Type "456" on the road one of these days. Closest I came on this drive was the VW Bug at 9:30 and I don't think that was very close. I'll check your site for progress... Very cool project!

You'll see it in the fall.. Just no time to pout it back together, been gathering some parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.