Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT anyone have a bowflex
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Sorry of the off topic question but, does anyone here have a boxflex home gym system? Or has anyone here used one? How do you like it? Just like anything else there are a ton of different options you can get but I was thinking of this one. Their website says you can get it at Sams Club and a price of $798. I know most home equipent ends up being dust collectors but since this will be in my office I will see it everyday, so it will get used.

I'm not a runner, I hate having to "go to the gym", so I think this best deal for me. Anyway, lets here what you think.......
GaroldShaffer
oops, heres the picture rolleyes.gif
gopack
I bought one, and I used it 3 times a week (of course I had to hire a personal trainer to crack the whip). I really liked it, the "pull" was really smooth, and you could do virtually anything you needed to with it. The down side to it was 1) it takes up a lot of room, and 2) for really weak muscle groups, the smallest "weight" was 5 lbs, a bit too much for certain exercises.

Just my $0.02

Of course it is currently a "dust collector"
Lou W
We recently bought a Tunturi Eliptical CrossCountry Trainer, very happy with it. I don't know if that is something you'd be interested in, but you might want to look at them anyway, I think it does a good job. It's about the same price smile.gif
seanery
I have a soloflex, and I like it, but what sucks is switching from excercise to excercise turns into a pain in the but. Is the Bowflex any better about that?
GaroldShaffer
I used to have a soloflex way back when, 12 yrs or more ago. With the soloflew you have to keep changing the rubber straps, right. Here it looks that all you need to do is just move the next bar/pole?
gopack
In some instances, switching to another exercise requires reconfiguring the cables runs, and on mine the leg attachment has to be taken off entirely to use the bench, or slide the bench as a rower, etc. For the most part the change over from one exercise to another is simple and quick, but it helps to plan your routines so that there is a minimum of reconfigurations, or that you do everything in one configuration before you move on to the other. All in all high quality, and relatively easy to use.
In general a good peice of equipment as long as you use it. (don't expect to look like the guy on TV though , unless you are close to that already!)
Neal
Here is a review from Epinions.com, I look at this site for everything I am wanting an opinion about.
http://www.epinions.com/content_91986300548

These are reviews from people who own the equipment.

Neal
Elliot_Cannon
Buy your self a set of free weights. It's a lot cheaper and almost as versatile. Get yourself a book explaining the correct way to lift them and you can't go wrong.
Cheers, Elliot
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 18 2004, 02:32 PM)
Buy your self a set of free weights. It's a lot cheaper and almost as versatile. Get yourself a book explaining the correct way to lift them and you can't go wrong.

free weights are heavy. i left 450 lbs of iron and a nice incline bench behind in NV because we just couldn't take any more weight.

what i expect to like about a Bowflex (don't have any resistance equipment right now...) is that it is rather safer. at my peak, i was bench-pressing 325 lbs. it was no fun at all the day i couldn't quite make that last 1/4" on the last rep of the last set ...
Mueller
it was no fun at all the day i couldn't quite make that last 1/4" on the last rep of the last set ...
...........something like an average of 5 people are killed a year (beheaded damn near) by failing to get the bar up the very last time wacko.gif
GaroldShaffer

BTDT

free weights are heavy. i left 450 lbs of iron and a nice incline bench behind in NV because we just couldn't take any more weight.

what i expect to like about a Bowflex (don't have any resistance equipment right now...) is that it is rather safer

Exactly, I like the fact that I would not have the free weights sitting around.
Gint
...........something like an average of 5 people are killed a year (beheaded damn near) by failing to get the bar up the very last time

Linear bearing Smith machine solves that problem.
anthony
If you are going to buy a bowflex then look for one used. It's got to be pretty easy to find one for half price or less. I bought a $600 NordicTrack that had never been used for $150 a few years ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.