Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking to caravan to the FFC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Curvie Roadlover
I'm leaving for the FFC Friday from the Detroit (MWC) area. I can leave anytime but I was thinking about 10am which puts me at the hotel around 4ish. I can travel I-94 or the turnpike or even the scenic 2 lane highways. Anybody gonna be headed that way Friday? I'd like to hook up with somebody at some point.
Hey ArtechniKa, What time you gonna be crossing US 23?
Marc-Andre you coming by way of the 401 to the Ambassador Bridge?
jim912928
Once you hit Indiana which way are you going...down 69 through Fort Wayne or down the toll road to 31? I'm in South Bend and will probably head straight down 31 to Indy and then on to Columbus.
Curvie Roadlover
Jim, your approach is more from the north than east. I suspect I'll be making a left on 69 to get to Indy.
seanery
That's the route I took to get to the MWC...Can you make a stop in Fort Wayne if need be?
Pnambic
When are you headed down Jim?
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 19 2004, 08:28 AM)
That's the route I took to get to the MWC...Can you make a stop in Fort Wayne if need be?

Sure, why do you ask?
jim912928
I'm leaving pretty much whenever I'm ready (took the day off). I'm out of town until thursday night so I have a few last minute items to attend to:

1. hook up the heater hoses in the engine compartment (shouldn't take long)
2. I do want to change my gear oil (again..should be easy)

So, I'm guessing late morning..or no later then noon

Jim
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (seanery @ Oct 19 2004, 08:28 AM)

Sure, why do you ask?

We might need someone to pic up a door prize at O'Daniels Porsche in Ft Wayne. I am working out the details with them, nothing like waiting until the last minute. <_<
Pnambic
I'm in LaPorte this week frantically trying to get mine running. I could head over to 31, or even 69 I guess, instead of going down 39. Didn't we have a member in Knox? Is he coming this year?
seanery
haven't heard from him confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
That would be SteveSr. He hasn't registered sad.gif
jim912928
Dan,

will you be leaving from laporte on friday? That is pretty close to me..I'll be heading straight down 31.

Jim
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Oct 18 2004, 01:17 PM)
Hey ArtechniKa, What time you gonna be crossing US 23?

The Plan has us transitioning from I-70 to I-71 around (S of) Columbus OH somewhere between 1430 and 1500...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Oct 19 2004, 05:50 AM)
nothing like waiting until the last minute.

you have no idea...

i don't know what i'll be able to put together -- none of the 3 projects i need to have finished up before we head out is close to being done...

worst-case is somebody gets a 'rain check' ...
Pnambic
Looks like thats the plan. I was hoping to get to Dougs early enough to lend a hand. But lets see....if we leave the Bend aroung 10, that would put us in Indy around 12:30, grab a bite to eat and continue to Doug's, get there around 2 to 3, right? I haven't examined the route by Streets and Trips, just guessing from last year.
jim912928
That could work...let's keep in touch this week...with these cars (mine really has just been put back together, I've only had it on 1 trip)..have a support group on the way is a good idea!

Jim
ArtechnikA
how 'bout an email or PM to the participants of each others' cell numbers? i don't care to post it in a public forum but i don't mind sharing it with other registered participants...

i've PM'd mine to Seanery, and i'd hope to get a compiled list back by Wednesday night or Thursday morning for those coming from afar and leaving early.

i've already sent Marc-André contact information too...
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Oct 19 2004, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (seanery @ Oct 19 2004, 08:28 AM)

Sure, why do you ask?

We might need someone to pic up a door prize at O'Daniels Porsche in Ft Wayne. I am working out the details with them, nothing like waiting until the last minute. dry.gif

I could get that if needed.
Pnambic
I'm pretty sure Sean already has my info. Looks like he's been officially nominated as point on this. biggrin.gif
mudfoot76
If anyone is hitting Indy around 3pm, I'm willing to meet up and caravan the rest of the distance. I'll PM a cell phone number to work out details...
ArtechnikA
Seanery has opened a special forum for posting FFC contact information.
mine's there...

go post yours, and then we'll have a central repository, and not have to have everybody PM'ing everybody else...

it is password controlled so you don't hafta worry about the whole world seeing your double-secret cell numbers ...

it's up to Seanery to PM or email you with the password, tho ...
si2t3m
Hi there,

Plan is to get into the states and catch 81.
From there, i'm taking the 90 all the way to Cleveland
then the 71 to Cincinnati back of the 74 from there and finally route 46.

Marc-André
rick 918-S
This is the direction I'm planning to travel.
aircooledboy
Rick, You are traveling literally right past my front door. 2 Black 8's making the trip????? Would be pretty cool???? rocking nana.gif monkeydance.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Oct 19 2004, 01:58 PM)
Rick, You are traveling literally right past my front door. 2 Black 8's making the trip????? Would be pretty cool???? rocking nana.gif  :monkeydance:

If my pump arrives. I think were planning on leaving like 4:00 am Friday. My wife is pulling her hair out at work this week so it's ultimately up to her when we get to leave. It's a 12 to 14 hr drive. When did you plan on trying to get to the Hotel? I'd like to be there by 7:00 pm at the lastest. Need time to party!
aircooledboy
Sounds like we are very much on the same time table. I can't drop the mutt off at the kenel until 11:00, we were planing to leave here noonish, which should get us to Nashville about 5:30-6:00ish depending on potty stops.

Let me know. If we can work it out, I'd love to do it. Not to mention, you'd have mid trip access to the Midwest 914 Infirmary if the Alien needs any little tweaks before the final leg. laugh.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Oct 19 2004, 02:15 PM)
...get us to Nashville about 5:30-6:00ish depending on potty stops.

you guys know that the Friday evening activities are in Columbus, not Nashville, yes ?
seanery
YES, please go to Columbus if you're not going to "Get Dirty at Doug's"
aircooledboy
smoke.gif yes yes, my bad. Columbus
jim912928
Dan,

Back from my trip...did you get it running?...Still wanting to try to drive down together?

Jim
Pnambic
Already back in Indy....trouble with the teener....

Getting ready to put the webers on, I noticed that the top bolts weren't long enough to go through the intake manifolds. I thought it would just be a snap to pull the short studs and put in longer ones....well, got 3 out of the four out easily. The fourth sheared off. Frustrated, I went home, tail between my legs. I'll be heading down there this weekend, but I'm already in Indy.

What time to you think you'll be going through Indy?

PM'd you.
jim912928
All those in Indy or meeting up around Indy...I'm going to try to be down there early afternoon.

Jim
qa1142
I am hoping to hit north end of i65 by noon.

Olympic Blue

Will and Lynne Lutman
jim912928
Will,

Maybe we can meet up north Indy somewhere if timing works...along with the Indy folks?
qa1142
so much for leaving early. Out of northern Illinois ~ 1:30

See you guys at dinner time at best.
<_<
GaroldShaffer
Call me when you hit Indiana.
jim912928
I'm leaving at about 2pm....late start!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.