Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hell hole repair in the BaltoWash area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
perrysan
Can anyone recommend someone in the Baltimore-DC region that is experienced in 914 rust repair, especially in the hell hole area? I'm finding the PO of my '73 did an exquisite bondo job covering rust holes (really, it's a work of art - recreating seams and everything) and then applying undercoating (covering his work - the bastard).

I don't have the equipment or experience to tackle this job myself, so I've resigned myself to paying someone to make things right.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Rob
zymurgist
QUOTE(perrysan @ Jun 20 2012, 04:25 PM) *

Can anyone recommend someone in the Baltimore-DC region that is experienced in 914 rust repair, especially in the hell hole area? I'm finding the PO of my '73 did an exquisite bondo job covering rust holes (really, it's a work of art - recreating seams and everything) and then applying undercoating (covering his work - the bastard).

I don't have the equipment or experience to tackle this job myself, so I've resigned myself to paying someone to make things right.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Rob

Scotty B. He's all the way down in Richmond, but he's a real craftsman.
seanery
agree.gif
r_towle
take it to scotty...its close enough to haul it there to get it done right.

rich
mepstein
agree.gif
jsayre914
where are you in balto Rob ?
perrysan
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 20 2012, 05:08 PM) *

Towson (specifically, Lutherville) - Where I-695 and I-83 cross paths...
bulitt
agree.gif

Scotty B.

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/
hot_shoe914
agree.gif Scotty B beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
Probe with a screwdriver and take pictures of how bad it is. Post them here.

If it is not bad, the bondo may have stopped more water from getting into the long. Not a long term fix, but a short term one.

Zach
type47
scottyb, but there is Aircooled Racing with Steve Limbert near Dillsburg PA and Translog in York, PA and Karosserie in Merrifield, VA (locations and names may be approximate)
Cairo94507
My car is at Scotty B's now. I sent it across the country for him to work on. So that is where I would recommend you take your car if you are serious about having it repaired correctly.
OU8AVW
Scotty's going to be bringing my car back to Annapolis in the not to distant future so grabbing your car may be a viable option. He is the best.....
jsayre914
QUOTE(perrysan @ Jun 20 2012, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 20 2012, 05:08 PM) *

Towson (specifically, Lutherville) - Where I-695 and I-83 cross paths...

Cool, another Local teener smile.gif

I drive past you every day from York PA to Fells Point Balto. I grew up in Ruxton, right across the street. Once I get my car back from Translog GT I could stop by and chat sometime.

Give your car to Tony, he is 45 min from you

http://www.transloggt.com/index.html
plas76targa
Rob, if your car is drivable bring it to the Barbeque i'm hosting in August (in Frederick). Scotty will be there. Good time to meet him and the others in these wacky forum!
You've see the testaments above, come meet the man in person! (whether you bring the car or not!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.