Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another in car video from Lime Rock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
There's a couple of 1:01 laps in this fairly long video.
I lowered the resolution a bit to keep it under 20meg.
Enjoy!
NARRC Runoffs in car
Carrera916
smilie_pokal.gif AAAHHHH Chris!!! YOU ROCK!

Thanks so much for showing this!!! I LOVE THE LIME ROCK TRACK! Being a native Conn boy and grew up nearby the track with my old man crewing Wetson 911 in his early Trans-Am days isn't something I could forget!

Especially with the Big Bend (for those who don't know Lime Rock, it's the right hand bend at the end of straightway) and the "S" bend (right after the Big Bend) , these were and still are awsome to watch from the hill.... Watching your video, it's quite different and still awsome when looking thru the windshield ! I did rode in 911 during the practice session but jeez, I could barely see the whole thing with the borrowed helmet bouncing around on my head! Your video really got me all goosebumped!

One of my best memories at one of the TA races, I dropped my jaw when watching Peter Gregg mastered his cornering skill so well. When he went around the Big Bend hard, his right front tire lifted up in the air as he went around then just before he got into the first part of the "S" bend, his right front would landed down so softly and as it landed, the left front went up quickly as he bends into left hard, then the right wheel as he went thru the end of "S" into the back straightway.....just unbelieveable....he would do it again and again till he won the frigging race!

Chris, thanks for trigging my past memories (and probably, my emotions).... and keep sending more.....OH, any Watkins Glen tape?? Play it out, man!

j aktion035.gif
Carrera916
Oh wait.....1:01???? That's very good!

If I recalled correctly, the fastest was 54 or 57 sec around the track and I think it was the 962 monster of Al Holbert! Damn!

j
bernbomb914
Great job on hitting your apex's, nice tight line. Havent been to Lime Rockscirnce the old IMSA days in the mid 70s. I recall someone hit a deer on the back straght. very messy. Your video brought back great memories Thanks

Bernie

PS what was that blue rocketship sedan?
TimT
Chris you drive the wheels off your car beerchug.gif

I think the track record at Lime Rock is 43.1 by pj jones huh.gif
1bad914
I need a cigarette after watching that and I don't smoke. biggrin.gif I was mesmerized, I found myself leaning into the corners and not breathing, looks like fun!!!! This helped me make up my mind to build a track car out of my parts car! I have a road course (Gingerman Raceway) about 45 minutes from my house, time to make this happen!!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Oct 19 2004, 01:31 AM)
what was that blue rocketship sedan?

That is called a Baby Grand. (He set the race fast lap and I was second fastest.) Its a scaled down WC Monte Carlo body on a tube frame with a GSX-R 1100 engine or something like that. The (Regional Only) class it runs in with SCCA is SPU, Super Production Under 2 liters. They also allow 7/8 Pro-Stock cars in SPU.
The ugly yellow Volvo was running in SPU too. It is also an ITB car. Father drives SPU, son drives ITB - at the same event.
I was pissed at the 240Z driver for cutting me off at the apex to the uphill turn. finger.gif He nearly killed me in qualifying Friday when he headed for the pits unexpectedly from the left edge of the track. chair.gif
the track record at Lime Rock is 43.1 by pj jones

Yup, in a Toyota GTP car.
I remember seeing the front of of Al Holbert's 962 catch air at the top of the hill.
After that they started using the chicane up the hill for all the pro races.
seanery
Great Job Chris!

That traffic looked brutal. driving.gif
Stutgart46
I saw that Z cut you off. You've gotta love SCCA.
It sure was nice to see a 914 racing in a series besides HSR and PCA.
Great job. clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.