Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should iI sell my Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Robert21
I don,t know if i should sell my car had it for 9yr. Its a fun car Run great ????
porbmw
Why?
Cairo94507
What he said. What are your thoughts on a replacement?
billh1963
914 prices seem to be holding their own.... now is a good time to sell.

As to the question of should you sell? Only you can answer that question.
Mike Bellis
No
JoeSharp
Hey Robert, come to the Camp Out or the Red Rock Classic and ask that quesstion again. The last time I saw you in the car you had grin on your face. Use it before you can't drive it.
JStroud
Go for a long twisty drive this weekend, you'll have your answer by the time you get back home driving.gif

Jeff
JRust
NO! Unless you absolutely need the money. Or put some more reasons at to why you are considering it
GeorgeRud
Every time I think of selling, I ask myself what would I do with the money instead? Can't really come up with a better way to keep the money, so I continue to keep the car. Though 911s have come and gone, it's been 35 years for the 914-6 so far.
VaccaRabite
Do you still get pleasure from the car? If no - sell it.
Do you need money for something important? If yes - sell it.
Are you no longer able to do the maintenance or it is no longer fun to work on? - sell it.

These cars in decent shape are getting decent money right now. If yours is not Swiss cheese...

However, if you still enjoy the car, then keep it. Once yOu have them running right they are not that expensive to house and feed.

Zach
Robert21
agree.gif You guys are right The car is so much fun to drive. i get dumb ideas sometimes. go to keep it , what,s wrong with 3
cars?
Amphicar770
QUOTE(Robert21 @ Jun 23 2012, 10:35 AM) *

agree.gif You guys are right The car is so much fun to drive. i get dumb ideas sometimes. go to keep it , what,s wrong with 3
cars?

3 cars, my wife would be thrilled if I reduced the fleet to that number lol-2.gif

Having owned more cars than I can keep count of, I recognize that you have your fun with some of them and then move on. To me, the 914 is on my list of keepers. Most vehicles are amazingly the same to drive. The 914 creates a pure driving experience like very few others. Even in the mid engine camp, having owned a perfect Fiero GT, and a mint MR2 turbo (later model with all the options and improvements); I much prefer the 914. It may not swim like my Amphicar but it puts a huge grin on my face every time I drive it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.