Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrome bumper repairs in the SF Bay Area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lonewolfe
Are there any shops in the SF Bay Area that do chrome bumper dent repair and chrome plating?
Jeffs9146
I used a guy in Hayward but it looks like they are no longer there!

I did a search on Google for just Hayward and found a few! This one looked OK but the other had a bad review!

Google
lonewolfe
Thanks Jeff! I'll check these out. What search term did you use? I've searched and not found anything local.

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jun 22 2012, 02:19 PM) *

I did a search on Google for just Hayward and found a few! This one looked OK but the other had a bad review!

Google

Jeffs9146
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Jun 23 2012, 10:25 AM) *

Thanks Jeff! I'll check these out. What search term did you use? I've searched and not found anything local.

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jun 22 2012, 02:19 PM) *

Google

I used multiple methods! Chrome Plating Hayward, or any other city close to you! Bumper Plating Hayward, or any other city close to you!
Chrome Plating Bay Area
Chrome Plating Oakland
Jerry75914
I used Superior Chrome Plating in San Jose.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/superior-chrome-plating-san-jose

They did a great job on mine. It was very dented and rusty, and they got it back to almost perfect shape. They were on time, no issues with them at all. Two years later, still looks perfect.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(Jerry75914 @ Jun 23 2012, 05:24 PM) *

I used Superior Chrome Plating in San Jose.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/superior-chrome-plating-san-jose

They did a great job on mine. It was very dented and rusty, and they got it back to almost perfect shape. They were on time, no issues with them at all. Two years later, still looks perfect.

Hey Jerry! Thanks for letting me know about these guys. Do you remember how much they charged? I'm sure it's probably gone up a little in 2 years but a ballpark amount would be good to know.
lonewolfe
Superior gets excellent reviews from the classic car croud. I think this is the place to go!
Jerry75914
Click to view attachmentI can't recall exactly because I had a few other pieces done at the same time. I think it was around 400 though. Again, my bumper was beat up pretty bad, so I'm sure a bit of that fee was for working out the dents. Here is a pic of it getting fitted to the car. Good luck with yours!

Jerry75914
Click to view attachment

...a better pic...

lonewolfe
QUOTE(Jerry75914 @ Jun 23 2012, 11:50 PM) *

Click to view attachment

...a better pic...

Hey Jerry! Thanks for posting those pictures. I bought a 2.0L case from you along with a box of parts a few months ago. I know you told me who you used on your bumpers then but I lost that notepad where I had it written down. As I recall you said this company is cash only! Is this correct?

Did you get your big motor built and put in?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.