Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will this fit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dark Hobo
which one will fit without issues? I have a megatron II MT-42 right now but I am replacing it with an exide orbital. Just wondering if I can go to the larger orbital without issue or not. I got two different dimensions from different sites and am not sure which is right for the orbitals. Also the large and small have 1000 and 770 CA at 32F respectively. I would assume the 1000 is overkill but would it harm anything? Other than extra weight of course tongue.gif .

Current: 9 5/8 x 7 x 6 3/4

Large: 10 1/4 x 7 x 8 3/16
10 1/8 x 7 x 8
Small:9 1/16 x 6 7/8 x 8 3/16
9 x 7 x 8
Bruce Hinds
does anyone have any idea what the hell he's talking about?
URY914
I would measure the tray. Now measure the battery. Is the battery smaller than the tray?

Yes- it will fit.

No- it will not fit.

Always happy to help..... beer.gif

speed metal army
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Jun 22 2012, 07:00 PM) *

does anyone have any idea what the hell he's talking about?

biggrin.gif Yes.
luskesq
Battery tray diminsions are only part of the equation. Post position as well as height should be factored in unless you want to do some splicing, etc. Group or Series 42 is I believe what is called for. I didn't pay attention to that with my first battery and was always having to be extra cautious because the clearance from the post to the underside of the body (over the battery) was too close. Have no clue about the particular battery that you are referring to however.

Keith
Dark Hobo
QUOTE(luskesq @ Jun 22 2012, 09:10 PM) *

Battery tray diminsions are only part of the equation. Post position as well as height should be factored in unless you want to do some splicing, etc. Group or Series 42 is I believe what is called for. I didn't pay attention to that with my first battery and was always having to be extra cautious because the clearance from the post to the underside of the body (over the battery) was too close. Have no clue about the particular battery that you are referring to however.

Keith

Yeah, I was going to throw a red top in but I have heard complaints about falling quality recently so I opted for an exide for a sealed battery. I guess I could just look up the dimensions of a red top seeing as I know those drop in and fit without mods. I thought about the rain tray and that is one of the reasons why I don't think the bigger battery won't fit, not that I need it anyways.

To the "wtf?" guy. Exide Orbital is another sealed battery, akin to the optima red/yellow tops. Just another option tongue.gif .
Dark Hobo
It seems people use the 34U which is 10"x 6.8"x 7.8". the exide is a tad bit bigger but I think it will be ok. Only .078" on the width and .2" on the length.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.