Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Malware on this site?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
Tried to look at computers4kids thread (Installing a v8... few questions) and got this...

Click to view attachment
Eddie914
I get the same

????
Randal
What we need in situations like these is background music like:

"Jim Dandy to the Rescue" - playing in the background.

Substitute Andy's name for Jim Dandy.

Go Andy Go! biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 23 2012, 08:44 AM) *

Malware on this site?

First off, it's *not* on this site ... rolleyes.gif

Tried to look at computers4kids thread (Installing a v8... few questions) and got this...

baltonbunch.com is his own domain. His avatar image and stuff in his signature are all hosted on that domain.
I couldn't find anything suspicious that he has linked to.

You might want to let him know that he has been blacklisted ...
shades.gif
Katmanken
Google can have you blacklisted?

I'm shocked I tell you! Shocked! biggrin.gif
Lennies914
There are others. It seems as though it only happens looking at older post. But possible computers4kids had input on those threads as well. confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jun 23 2012, 11:25 AM) *

There are others. It seems as though it only happens looking at older post. But possible computers4kids had input on those threads as well. confused24.gif

Since the links to his domain are in his signature and his avatar picture, *any* of his 2,276 posts will trigger the same alarm in Google Chrome ...
popcorn[1].gif
Lennies914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 23 2012, 11:48 AM) *

QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jun 23 2012, 11:25 AM) *

Since the links to his domain are in his signature and his avatar picture, *any* of his 2,276 posts will trigger the same alarm in Google Chrome ...
popcorn[1].gif

Thank you pray.gif
falconfp2001
That's why I use FireFox
rohar
BINGO! Google's been falging damned near anyone as malware lately. They can hide behind legal precident so they've got some space here. Welcome to the private warfare that is the modern internet.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Jun 23 2012, 09:11 PM) *

That's why I use FireFox

agree.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Jun 23 2012, 09:34 PM) *

QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Jun 23 2012, 09:11 PM) *

That's why I use FireFox

agree.gif

I had a virus loose here and don't want to go through that again, so I'm happy Chrome errs on the side of prudence rather than giving anything the benefit of the doubt. Listen to your grandpas, boys and girls, and always use those condoms. A little less fun is lots better than no fun at all.
computers4kids
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 23 2012, 10:42 AM) *

Malware on this site?

First off, it's *not* on this site ... rolleyes.gif

baltonbunch.com is his own domain. His avatar image and stuff in his signature are all hosted on that domain.
I couldn't find anything suspicious that he has linked to.

You might want to let him know that he has been blacklisted ...
shades.gif

I had changed domains from Yahoo to GoDaddy and while I was waiting the 7 days for the domain change to be approved google checked the "empty" Go Daddy hosting future site and said they found a one time instance of malware on the 14th. Go Daddy sets up new accounts with a starter website for new accounts...this one had a extra bonus! Anway, deleted the content before I uploaded my site and locked it down. Problem is once Google has blacklisted you're stuck. I had to "request" for Google to revist the site and check it's health...which they did and removed it from the "blacklist." Took ten days to be removed. dry.gif

Anyway...all should be happy in the land of Oz once more.
Mark

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.