Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Say hello to 4732913341
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Say hello to my latest addition to the sickness. blink.gif It is 4732913341 has a 1/73 build date. It is a 2.0 with all the goodies. I found out about this while helping someone looking for a 914. Since I already had a project car I wasn't really interseted in it, but well.......

So after a few PMs and emails I made arrangments to look at it on my way to the Stoddard swapmeet. So a deal was made and I brought it home. This is the reason why I sold my other project car and rotisserie.

my plan is for a rolling restoration. Hopefully going to have it up and running by the 914 BBQ at my house August 4th. Then over the winter get it ready for paint. It's not going to be a show car, but a nice driver.

It's a CA car that found it's way to Craig at Camp 914 then to Indiana and finally to my place. aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
seanery
nice one Garold!
KELTY360
Hello 4732913341...have you had your shots or are you still contagious? biggrin.gif
billh1963
Congrats! I'm not actively in the market for another; however, I do want a '73 2.0 to round out my 2.0 collection.

Looks nice!
Java2570
Looks great! Nice to see more 914's in Indiana!!
stuttgart46
Nice. '73 2.0 is one to hang to.
JawjaPorsche
Nice Score!
beerchug.gif
URY914
SCORE! beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
It will be fun ($$$) to get him back on the road. Once it is painted and all, then I will turn my attention back on my 70. By then my 70 will need some minor rust bubbles addressed and if money allows it may get the full 3.0L, Flared fender treatment. drooley.gif

The 73 will remain stock once I am done with it.
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jun 23 2012, 04:58 PM) *

Congrats! I'm not actively in the market for another; however, I do want a '73 2.0 to round out my 2.0 collection.

Looks nice! I have a 2L I could be talked out of. Bob Arnett

reharvey
I saw this car at the Stoddard Swap Meet A very solid original 2.0 with all the options! A great find!

beerchug.gif
bembry
A kissin'cousin to mine (2.0 4732913367)!
rnellums
Garold, are you going to the Hoosier challenge at Grissom in August?
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jul 2 2012, 09:38 AM) *

OK, whats this challenge about? Still want my car? Bob
rnellums
I believe it is the Annual All-Indiana Autocross throught the SCCA (although you don't have to be a member to attend) I'll be taking the racecar and seeing how well I can do (although Garold will beat me if he attends!) You should come out!

As far as buying the blue car, I have no more garage space right now, but I do ge a lot of people asking about the silver car at events... idea.gif .
EdwardBlume
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Good luck with the restoration!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jul 2 2012, 05:38 AM) *

Why yes I am. evilgrin.gif
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jul 3 2012, 09:38 PM) *

Why yes I am. evilgrin.gif Just what is this about? Bob Arnett

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Jul 4 2012, 01:13 AM) *

Why yes I am. evilgrin.gif Just what is this about? Bob Arnett

Huh?? blink.gif I was just reponding to Ross's question. The smiley is my evil grin....Muhhh Hahhhh...................
rnellums

Why yes I am. evilgrin.gif

I'll see you there!, though I'll probably see you at your barbecue first... biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
It Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I picked him up yesterday from Brad Mayeur's shop. I had the engine resealed and the 1st gear work done. Minor reust repair to the battery tray and what the heck might as well do the brakes. I had rebuilts from PMB installed. He runs, shifts and stops PERFECTLY!!!!!!! piratenanner.gif

He looks a little rough around the edges, but it will be my roliing restoration and since I will be laid off starting Sept 14th I will have plenty of free time to work on him.
GaroldShaffer
bootyshake.gif shot
GaroldShaffer
I need to put on a front bumper yet. That is tomorrows project.

stuttgart46
Love those wheels. Thanks for bringing one back to life.
Chris Pincetich
did you go with 195/50 tires?
looks cool beerchug.gif
A 1973 2.0 is a great investment! shades.gif dry.gif biggrin.gif
bcheney
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Aug 14 2012, 09:42 PM) *

looks cool beerchug.gif

Congrats....Looks like a nice little ride to enjoy...Let him run...NO MORE JACKSTANDS! OK....maybe once in a while smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Aug 14 2012, 05:42 PM) *

looks cool beerchug.gif

These are 205/50 tires. They are my street tires & rims for my 70 (which is wearing his AX tires right now). I have a complete set of Fuchs for this one and I was thinking of going with 195/50 or 60. Not sure just yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.