Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a favor from anyone in the DFW area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
I went to change the leaking oil cooler seals in Betty's car, and found a small problem when I started going through my parts before disassembly.

Click to view attachment

The one on the left is malformed. If I put that in the car, it is going to leak. No doubt about it. And I don't have another in my parts stash.

Anyone in the DFW area have one I could get tonight? I need to get this leak fixed ASAP. I was going to work on it this evening and early tomorrow so I can do the work while it is relatively cool outside.

Thanks!
02loftsmoor
Sorry Clay . I have none Wes

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 23 2012, 06:33 PM) *

I went to change the leaking oil cooler seals in Betty's car, and found a small problem when I started going through my parts before disassembly.

Click to view attachment

The one on the left is malformed. If I put that in the car, it is going to leak. No doubt about it. And I don't have another in my parts stash.

Anyone in the DFW area have one I could get tonight? I need to get this leak fixed ASAP. I was going to work on it this evening and early tomorrow so I can do the work while it is relatively cool outside.

Thanks!

wildman
I may be too late to chime in but the seals should be (unless i am misinformed) identical to vw type 1 oil cooler seals. A local vw shop might have some cheap and much quicker than mail order
Mark Henry
QUOTE(wildman @ Jun 24 2012, 12:25 AM) *

I may be too late to chime in but the seals should be (unless i am misinformed) identical to vw type 1 oil cooler seals. A local vw shop might have some cheap and much quicker than mail order

agree.gif you can use the seals for a vw type 1 dual port doghouse cooler (71-up)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.