Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CW Interior Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lawrence
Was the "cross brace that the seat aduster is mounted to" ever covered in vinyl by the factory?

When I drove to work this morning, I reached down to grab my beret.. and it occurred to me for the first time that I could see the brace, and it looked ugly.

-Rusty
mskala
Yes. I had to take mine out for the POR-15. It
was oily anyway. The really surprising thing to
me was that there is a really small piece of
vinyl on the left side of the car behind the door
and above the engine lid release lever.
Mark S.
'70 914-6
Dave Blackburn
My '75 had some thin vinyl covering both braces. I am going to have to glue it down again as it is always falling off.

Dave
Scott S
My 72 had it not only on the front seat rails, but also a third piece that connected the two together that was glued to the "hump" that cuts across the center tunnel, under the front edge of the arm rest/tray between the seats. The grain didn't really match anything else in the car, but I am 100% sure it was factory.
Lawrence
Cool... I think I have a new project. smile.gif

thanks, everyone!

-Rusty
Bleyseng
My 76 has just painted black, the 70 had the vinyl trim there on the rusty braces.
Geoff
Aaron Cox
mine doesnt, hmmm......but my car had been taken all aprt to be painted by the P.o. and holes in da floorpans, for racing harnesses!
Lawrence
Yeah, I can relate. I got my car in pieces, too.

-Rusty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.