Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paul Allen, AKA The Andante, AKA BMW 320 Brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
sclarke7171
I normally wont complain about someone ripping someone off, but when its my hard earned money, i'll bleed and carry on like the world is going to end.

Paul Allen. AKA Ebay "theandante"
or as you may know, the guy that does the BMW 320 upgrades.

I have been comunicating with him for many month and got a reply every time i replyed to him.. it took him a few days but thats ok.
Then we struck a deal. $500 USD for a brake upgrade and misc other bits.

Paypal money was sent, he received it under another name and thats when i thought that is strange, must be his wife.

6 or so emails sent to him with only one reply... "Loss of a family member, will send the brakes"

few emails since sent.... not one reply...
Funny he has time to email and perform daily Ebay tasks and sell items as many as he can, but cant reply to me...

So i filled a complaint with Paypal.. I'll get my money back and i will bag the shit out of him on all the BMW brake threads.

Just because i live in the British Penal colony, does not mean im a bread stealing moron with no idea on how to perform a business dealing.

Am i right to say that there are people who think Australia is a 3rd world country and we all have pet Kangaroo's and talk Slow??
Hell yes we have red necks and hell yes we have vast open spaces of nothing but bush and desert... But at a population of 25 million im sure something is going right "Down under" sheeplove.gif

Im not a wealthy man, but im not broke either. i live comfortable and compared to my age group 40 odd year old mates im doing alright in the finacial stakes.

Pure satisfaction would be to jump on a $1500 flight to the US and snot the bastard.
But as i have better things to spend my $$ on like my children, 914's and my upcoming outback trip to have a Bush fight in the Boxing tent in Birdsville, i'll let the legal proceeding commence, after that i'll enjoy my rant and source a set of monster Brembo's so the 914 melts rotors off.....

Your turn !!!!!!

Steve

TheCabinetmaker
Steve, I doubt there are many here who think all Aussies are redneck sheep fuckers. I'd bet there are more of those in the US than australia. Nor do we think you are all stupid. Again, plenty of morons here. I see them driving on the roads everyday. There are good and bad folks in every country in the world. I hope you get this straightened out.
rhodyguy
iirc you're not the first person that has had the same experience. there's a reason he doesn't list his items FS here. do you really think you're going to run out of braking action using a stock set of quality refurbished calipers? brembos? why? what about the rears?

k
sclarke7171
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 24 2012, 10:42 PM) *

Steve, I doubt there are many here who think all Aussies are redneck sheep fuckers. I'd bet there are more of those in the US than australia. Nor do we think you are all stupid. Again, plenty of morons here. I see them driving on the roads everyday. There are good and bad folks in every country in the world. I hope you get this straightened out.

i dont think ive laughed that hard in ages, the sheep comment is a doozie..
Yeah lots of rednecks here.. further inland you go and north you find more...
ive done alot of outback traveling and love nothing more than meeting people who live on the land and do things the hard way, i grew up in the Bush and i love the vast spaces... happy to drive 1000km in a day and not see another soul.
Having said that, thats not relaxing if im in my 1986 land rover, i find the New VW Amarok far more pleasurable...

Yeah it will get straigtened out, if not i'll come over for a week and visit my cousin Bubba and go catch me some gater and badger....
Actually, thats avail here.. not the badger thou.... just Crocs and Black snakes....

BTW those who think we have the most poisoness snakes and spiders here.... we may, but the RedBack that is claimed to kill a man is a pussy, it just hurts like all Fork for a week or so.... White tailed are a bastard, They eat your flesh... ask my neck !!!!!!

Back to my movie now. RDO tomorrow, so i'll finish my carport to jam the 3rd 914 in and start on my engine rebuild..

welder.gif beer.gif
sclarke7171
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 24 2012, 10:44 PM) *

iirc you're not the first person that has had the same experience. there's a reason he doesn't list his items FS here. do you really think you're going to run out of braking action using a stock set of quality refurbished calipers? brembos? why? what about the rears?

k

No the Stock will be fine on my "Good car" the track toy ive got a porsche 911 brake set up.
Brembo's are on the Volvo sunglasses.gif
hot_shoe914
Get a hold of Eric at PMB, he will sheeplove.gif out of your money but you will get awesome brakes in return and maybe even a kiss.( He is weird like that). Seriously, Eric at PMB is the way to go, great products, honest and reliable customer service and well respected here at the world.

Shoe
okieflyr
I have a set of 320 calipers and they appear to have been machined. I've never used them but your welcome to them for free if you want/need them. I can send some pics if there is an interest.
ConeDodger
I think his entire family has died... four times. blink.gif
sclarke7171
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 24 2012, 11:05 PM) *

I think his entire family has died... four times. blink.gif

ROFL
SLITS
I think the hot setup now is the Brembos off an Alfa .... Ask Eric .... BMWs are old school.
carr914
You mean, you don't have a pet Kangaroo? What about a Koala?
SLITS
They make some decent ales and I don't mean Fosters icon8.gif
sclarke7171
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 24 2012, 11:28 PM) *

You mean, you don't have a pet Kangaroo? What about a Koala?

Shhhhh i have all 3 Roo, Bear and Emu...

OK sad but humorous part.
10 years ago my dog thought bailing up a Koala was going to be fun, WRONG !!!! It beat the shit out of her.. The claws those bastards have is awesome for climbing tree's, just not Dogs......

My Amarok when it was 1300km old hit an Emu at 130kmh... the damage was impressive to the Bird.... It was spread over the road in 3 directions... the Amarok, well the intercooler is still bent, Now has an ARB bar on the front.

Roo's..... Cant tell you the amount i have hit and killed over the years. they make a mess.... As do wombats...

What i laugh at is the fact us Skippy Rednecks kill and eat the 2 animals on our Coat of Arms !!!!!!!

sclarke7171
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 24 2012, 11:54 PM) *

They make some decent ales and I don't mean Fosters icon8.gif

Fosters 30 years ago was Good..... Now i would not use it to clean my BBQ

My poison at the moment is Mercury Cider
SLITS
Thanks ... I was thinking Cooper's Real Ale ... 4X i think, but then I was a bit under and Toothsheath Stout.

Oh well, if you need a set of 320i fronts, the cost to ship to "The Land Down Under" is $47.95 (USPS Int'l Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box).

and as I am old,

I think I remember that '73 up (late model) does not require machining of the caliper ears to fit nor do I think the Alpha aluminum Brembos require machining.

Paging Eric Shea to the white courtesy phone.

Edit: If you want a set, just ask. We Amerikans may be ugly but we don't bite (most of the time).
sclarke7171
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 25 2012, 12:20 AM) *

Thanks ... I was thinking Cooper's Real Ale ... 4X i think, but then I was a bit under and Toothsheath Stout.

Oh well, if you need a set of 320i fronts, the cost to ship to "The Land Down Under" is $47.95 (USPS Int'l Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box).

and as I am old,

I think I remember that '73 up (late model) does not require machining of the caliper ears to fit nor do I think the Alpha aluminum Brembos require machining.

Edit: If you want a set, just ask. We Amerikans may be ugly but we don't bite (most of the time).

Yeah the 73 onwards need to be machined... she'll be right i'll hook into it with the gas axe and grinder mate... unsure.gif

Thank you all for your support..
okieflyr
Here's what I got. I've had them along time but never used them, but was about to throw them in the scrap metal pile. I don't remember the specific measurement that gets removed, but it appears to have been done by po. The seals LOOK ok from the outside but additional hardware will be needed.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Ian Stott
In Canada if you assault someone you could go to jail; if you use a hockey stick and beat him within an inch of his life you get an extra 2 minutes in the penalty box. There may be an extra 5 minutes if there is a lot of blood, so suit up and hunt him down, I'll lend you a stick if you can't get one where you live.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Sorry to hear about you getting ripped off, I hope you get your money back.
sclarke7171
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Jun 25 2012, 04:12 AM) *

Here's what I got. I've had them along time but never used them, but was about to throw them in the scrap metal pile. I don't remember the specific measurement that gets removed, but it appears to have been done by po. The seals LOOK ok from the outside but additional hardware will be needed.

Pm sent
sclarke7171
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jun 25 2012, 10:44 AM) *

In Canada if you assault someone you could go to jail; if you use a hockey stick and beat him within an inch of his life you get an extra 2 minutes in the penalty box. There may be an extra 5 minutes if there is a lot of blood, so suit up and hunt him down, I'll lend you a stick if you can't get one where you live.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Sorry to hear about you getting ripped off, I hope you get your money back.

Made me larf !!!!!
wingnut86
That Asshole, he should've stated that he was laid off or "made redundant", definately more believable these days - don't ask...

mad.gif

I agree about Eric at PMB as well agree.gif

I always liked the ole Stubbies brand, pre-Soviet collapse beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(sclarke7171 @ Jun 24 2012, 05:29 AM) *
Your turn !!!!!!

Do a search here. This guys has had problems for many years ...

dry.gif
shuie
I haven't owned as many Porsche cars as some here, but I've been in the game long enough to know that we are really lucky to have access to someone like Eric. I don't even have to think about brakes any more, I just go to Eric. There is nobody else in the Porsche parts or restoration business that I have dealt with or can name who I would blindly send payment to.
CrashDown
The only thing I know about your Aussie country is Drop Bears....
lonewolfe
QUOTE(sclarke7171 @ Jun 24 2012, 07:30 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 25 2012, 12:20 AM) *

and as I am old,

Yeah the 73 onwards need to be machined... she'll be right i'll hook into it with the gas axe and grinder mate... unsure.gif

Hey, the calpers fit without machining up to through cars built in 7/72. Starting 8/72 914's came with the later hubcentric setup which does require a little bit to be machined off.

Thank you all for your support..

edwin
Hey
I have a set in a box here in the shed that i bought before i went to brembo's with the vented discs.
Nice and close if you need pm and we can work something out.
Paypal should be nice and easy to sort out the problem
Cheers
Edwin
a914622
ALL RIGHT Someone owes me a shirt!!

I laughed so hard I have spilled coffee all over my school close!! biggrin.gif

Sorry you got ripped off but reading this thread , aside form the laughs, show the level of witty poignant level of intelligent of the members. I just read a post on the suby board that showed me you can use the F### word as a noun to a verb and everything in between.

jcl
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(sclarke7171 @ Jun 24 2012, 05:29 AM) *

I normally wont complain about someone ripping someone off, but when its my hard earned money, i'll bleed and carry on like the world is going to end.

Paul Allen. AKA Ebay "theandante"
or as you may know, the guy that does the BMW 320 upgrades.

I have been comunicating with him for many month and got a reply every time i replyed to him.. it took him a few days but thats ok.
Then we struck a deal. $500 USD for a brake upgrade and misc other bits.

Paypal money was sent, he received it under another name and thats when i thought that is strange, must be his wife.

6 or so emails sent to him with only one reply... "Loss of a family member, will send the brakes"

few emails since sent.... not one reply...
Funny he has time to email and perform daily Ebay tasks and sell items as many as he can, but cant reply to me...

So i filled a complaint with Paypal.. I'll get my money back and i will bag the shit out of him on all the BMW brake threads.

Just because i live in the British Penal colony, does not mean im a bread stealing moron with no idea on how to perform a business dealing.

Am i right to say that there are people who think Australia is a 3rd world country and we all have pet Kangaroo's and talk Slow??
Hell yes we have red necks and hell yes we have vast open spaces of nothing but bush and desert... But at a population of 25 million im sure something is going right "Down under" sheeplove.gif

Im not a wealthy man, but im not broke either. i live comfortable and compared to my age group 40 odd year old mates im doing alright in the finacial stakes.

Pure satisfaction would be to jump on a $1500 flight to the US and snot the bastard.
But as i have better things to spend my $$ on like my children, 914's and my upcoming outback trip to have a Bush fight in the Boxing tent in Birdsville, i'll let the legal proceeding commence, after that i'll enjoy my rant and source a set of monster Brembo's so the 914 melts rotors off.....

Your turn !!!!!!

Steve

Was this guy from Sparks Nevada??? If so he ripped me off too!!! ar15.gif
Woody
QUOTE(edwin @ Jun 25 2012, 03:02 AM) *

Hey
I have a set in a box here in the shed that i bought before i went to brembo's with the vented discs.
Nice and close if you need pm and we can work something out.
Paypal should be nice and easy to sort out the problem
Cheers
Edwin

first.gif
76-914
We love Aussies, the Zealander's, the Canadians, and the Brits. We're one big, happy family. beerchug.gif Go get 'em tiger. Stuff his gonads down his throat. As far as the Penal colony thing goes, I believe our first imports were misfits and religious zealots. lol-2.gif And true, Aussies don't care for Foster's. Makes you wonder if other countries think McDonald's is the real deal hamburger. shades.gif
Eric_Shea
Paul's never been the same ever since he left Microsoft.
sclarke7171
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 26 2012, 04:57 AM) *

Paul's never been the same ever since he left Microsoft.

And since the 959 was lost.

lol-2.gif
sclarke7171
He replied today. Was after PayPal gave him a serve.
Actually he replied several times. The emails have become very comical.
The excuses and blame is great.
I've been winding him up which is very naughty of me. But the classic crap he spins is great.
So both items have been sent so it seems. Well so he states.
Tracking numbers give no indication of where they are or who it's destined for.
He's blaming me and saying I'm so wrong about paypals rules.
Anyhow. The entertainment continues.

Tempted to post the emails. But that's just harsh!!!

popcorn[1].gif
dakotaewing
QUOTE(sclarke7171 @ Jun 28 2012, 05:43 AM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Not with this crowd... ar15.gif
rhodyguy
no tracking #=not shipped. never lift on the throttle, not one step back. NO MERCY!!!

k
carr914
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Jun 28 2012, 07:31 AM) *

QUOTE(sclarke7171 @ Jun 28 2012, 05:43 AM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Not with this crowd... ar15.gif

agree.gif
sclarke7171
Nah. Let me wait until I get ripped of for good. He asked what pills I was popping. I told him I just do coke, GHD and ice. Lol.
scotty b
pics of the Volvo please poke.gif biggrin.gif
76-914
Don't let up. Dig those spurs in his groin. Don't forget to out him, here.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 28 2012, 06:37 AM) *

Don't let up. Dig those spurs in his groin. Don't forget to out him, here.

He's actually a member here. Under the same eBay name. Do a search and check out his old posts. I bought lug nuts for 4 lug Fuchs from him probably 7-8 years ago. Apparently, I paid with a check delivered to him from my bank, USAA which is local to him so he could just walk up to the teller and cash it. His response? I didn't pay with a Cashiers Check or USPS Money Order as instructed in his small print so he wasn't going to send them. But Paul... You can't cash my check and not send the product. If you don't want to take personal checks, that is your prerogative but you can't then cash it. If you take the money, you send the product. Regardless of what your small print says.
Ultimately, he sends the product but not until after he attempts to make you as miserable as he is. My conclusion after a series of late night emails he sent that were very long, mostly drivel, and poorly spelled was that he was either mentally ill, a drinking alcoholic, or at best a troll sitting in his grandmother's basement venting his poison on the rest of humanity...
Probably the most entertaining thing that could happen here is that he shows up to defend himself in this thread. I'm not kidding you, it is funnier than our friend from the Bay Area who relentlessly pursues the deaf guy who fuch'd up his 356...

Check out this thread for an example of his vomit...

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...16320&st=20
TargaToy
Maybe the Dingo ate your 320 calipers.

Sorry! That's not anti-Aussie at all. Just meant to be funny. Sometimes funny trumps good taste. biggrin.gif
seanery
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Jun 28 2012, 10:42 AM) *

Man, I love Dingos! When we were playing Melbourne I had some time off and went to a nature preserve and fell in love with Dingos. I wanted to take one home so bad!
SLITS
QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 28 2012, 08:53 AM) *

Man, I love Dingos! When we were playing Melbourne I had some time off and went to a nature preserve and fell in love with Dingos. I wanted to take one home so bad!

they eat little kids too! ar15.gif
Cap'n Krusty

As in, you wanted it to "meet your parents"? Takes all kinds, I guess ...............

The Cap'n
TargaToy
http://youtu.be/ghCTZF61ey0
Woody
Does this guy still live in San Antonio? idea.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(Woody @ Jun 28 2012, 02:40 PM) *

Does this guy still live in San Antonio? idea.gif

agree.gif Maybe he needs a girlfriend? bye1.gif
sclarke7171
Yeah saw that thread. It sparked me to dig deeper into him.
Yes late night emails are his flavor. The death in the family never happened.
But there is claim to a sick sister. If that is the case I feel for her and the family. But to be honest, I'll use a Ed Rooney quote and ask for the corpse to be shown to me before I believe it.
Emails came at 1am 3am and 5am from him. I did ask how much he had to drink and the reply was that I was a pill popper. It's damn comical. I'm
A bit over it really. I commented and asked is the economy that fu*#ed up that you new to rip others off. Damned if that did not fire him up. It was a bit low I must admit, but he really is a cock head and he keeps flowing with excuses on why the items were not sent until I contacted PayPal.

Bit sick of the wankers that can't organize a bang in a brothel and expect to run a home business. You seen his latest business??

http://www.paulallendesign.com/index.html

Rant over until I get wound up again. So see you all in 6 hours
sclarke7171
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 29 2012, 02:50 AM) *

they eat little kids too! ar15.gif

That joke is a great one here.
I was 11 when it happened. Was so into the story. Funny part was we had a kid in our class called michael chamberlain. Damn he copped shit.
It's been a long 30 years for them to come out and say a puppy ate her baby.
I've done alot of outback travel and dingo's are so rare to see. But the most exciting part was last year near Birdsville in QLD I chased a puppy down a road. He was so cute. Wild as the desert I was in. The location I was in had no plant or tree or grass. It was sand and Rock. Never felt so alive to see such a beautiful animal wild and on his own.
Wanted to cuddle him. Just like a boxing kangaroo or drop bear or hoop snake !!!
seanery
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 28 2012, 12:34 PM) *

As in, you wanted it to "meet your parents"? Takes all kinds, I guess ...............

The Cap'n

?? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.