Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Murena by Heuliez
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pat4
Hey !

Did you ever know that a french coachbuilder made a proto based on a pre-production 914-6 ?

It was called "Murena" and it will be for sale at LeMans Classic this summer !!!

Look at here PORSCHE 914 GARAGE - 914 Murene by Heuliez ...

sixerdon
FASCINATING!!
So, a pre-production prototype? The engine number matches the range for a '69T and the "serial number" closely matches the Karmann chassis numbering system for 1970 /6's beginning with 130 albeit it has 7 digits instead of 6.
Looking at the additional photo's is an interesting interior and engine bay with the oil tank on the passenger side of the car.
Thanks for posting Phillipe. Keep us posted on it's selling price!
Don
JeffBowlsby
Thats an interesting article about the history of this car, I had not seen those artist concept renderings before...looks like the clay model was not true to the renderings.

Be sure to look at the photos link at the bottom of the page...those photos are cool.

George should pick this one up for the 914 museum. Sure glad VW-Porsche didn't buy into this...

Will be interesting to hear how much this is sold for.

laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(pat4 @ Jun 24 2012, 07:10 AM) *
Did you ever know that a french coachbuilder made a proto based on a pre-production 914-6 ?

Yes. Yes, we did. biggrin.gif

Interesting article, somehow the clay model looks better than the end result ...
blink.gif
pat4
The expected value for the same is around 50.000 euros ($60,000) but there is no reserve for the auction.
I will be back to you with the final price and, may be, the name of the future owner.

Share the link !
SirAndy
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Jun 24 2012, 08:09 AM) *

FASCINATING!!
So, a pre-production prototype? The engine number matches the range for a '69T and the "serial number" closely matches the Karmann chassis numbering system for 1970 /6's beginning with 130 albeit it has 7 digits instead of 6.
Looking at the additional photo's is an interesting interior and engine bay with the oil tank on the passenger side of the car.

I'd love to know the VIN of the car!

If it is a prototype body, the VIN should follow the 914.xxx numbering of the other prototype cars.
http://www.914world.com/specs/prototypes.php

idea.gif
johannes
I don't think this car is so valuable. Its not that beautifull, it's a prototype (that means full of bugs)

Original pictures and english text here
http://www.artcurial.com/fr/asp/fullCatalo...t=2138+++++213+

SirAndy

Actually, the image is flipped!!!

You can clearly see the non-moveable passenger seat on the left and the moveable drivers seat on the right.

Oil tank and battery are exactly where they are supposed to be, it's just that the image is flipped.
biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 24 2012, 01:32 PM) *
Oil tank and battery are exactly where they are supposed to be, it's just that the image is flipped.

Here you go:

sixerdon
I was wondering about that.......but the clarity of the picture I was looking at wasn't as clear as the one you posted.
Now I feel at home.........
Thanks,
Don

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 24 2012, 12:32 PM) *

Actually, the image is flipped!!!

You can clearly see the non-moveable passenger seat on the left and the moveable drivers seat on the right.

biggrin.gif

wingnut86
Looks like a Karman representative and an AMC engineer (aka "Pacer US") got together over a bottle of sour wine icon8.gif
VaccaRabite
agree.gif

:puke:

Zach
Mr.242
agree.gif

barf.gif
JimN73
Looks like a 1960 Ford Pinto!
johannes
Sold for 42889 Euros

http://www.artcurial.com/en/asp/searchresu...sale_no=2138+++

76-914
Very French!
sean_v8_914
i think it looks tres Citroen avec pinto/pacer
were all the pic old? are any of the pics current condition?
jcambo7
Thank god that it stayed a prototype...fugly. icon8.gif
veltror
The matra Bagheera looks simialr....
Mike Bellis
Reminds me of this car...

hide.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Here's on with a chick for posterity...

IPB Image

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.