Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally Finished
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BIGKAT_83
Finally finished up on my Subaru EZ30 6cyl conversion. The car was a V8 conversion that I convereted to a EG33 Subaru/Subaru transaxle a couple of years ago. I found a deal on a late model EZ30 and removed the EG33.

I also installed a 911SC front end and brakes and rebuilt the rear swingarms with new rubber bushings and bearings.

Now to start on the next project. I'm going to install the SVX EG33 engine into a LE Creamsicle Hot Rod 914.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

driving.gif Bob driving.gif
DBCooper
Wow, gorgeous! I just put the 16x7's front and back too, It works pretty well and sure looks good. This is the conversion I've been thinking about when I was doing the turbo EJ20, so how does it drive, how does it compare?
ThePaintedMan
drooley.gif That is really nicely done! Very clean. Forgive my newbieness here, but is that Olympic Blue? I never thought that color could look that good! Congrats.
biosurfer1
Where's the video of it running and driving???
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jun 24 2012, 10:21 PM) *

Wow, gorgeous! I just put the 16x7's front and back too, It works pretty well and sure looks good. This is the conversion I've been thinking about when I was doing the turbo EJ20, so how does it drive, how does it compare?

With the transaxle it makes the 914 a different car all together. It drives like a modern car. Idles so smooth I have to look at the tach to see if its running at the stop lights.
It does not have the torque of the V8 but is a FAR better car than the old SBC that was in the car before. May even be faster. Sounds alot better.

rick 918-S
Love the color. wub.gif The SVX should be an interesting project. popcorn[1].gif
Tom
I like it!! Very nice looking car. first.gif
Tom
bfrymire
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Jun 24 2012, 07:33 PM) *

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jun 24 2012, 10:21 PM) *

With the transaxle it makes the 914 a different car all together. It drives like a modern car. Idles so smooth I have to look at the tach to see if its running at the stop lights.
It does not have the torque of the V8 but is a FAR better car than the old SBC that was in the car before. May even be faster. Sounds alot better.

How does this compare to the EG33?

-- brett

watsonrx13
Congrats Bob, car looks great.

--- Rob
bcheney
Bob, That car looks top notch. Very well done and your attention to detail is really nice. The narrow body stock look is great. Can you tell us the tire maker and size?
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(bcheney @ Jun 25 2012, 07:46 AM) *

Bob, That car looks top notch. Very well done and your attention to detail is really nice. The narrow body stock look is great. Can you tell us the tire maker and size?

The tires are Hankook RS-2 215/45/16 on 7" wheels

Bob
Cairo94507
Love the look of your car and the way the exhaust exits the rear. Very nicely done conversion.
mepstein
Very clean engine bay. I like it.
Mr.242
Very nice build! Post some video of that thing.
Scott S
ANother beauty Bob - love it!
beerchug.gif
JRust
Nicely done Bob. I think we need a nick name for you. Another Bobersion confused24.gif . So that makes once SBC 350 914 , One LS1 914, One Ez30 914 & a soon to be flared creamsicle with an eg33 pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
andys
Bob,

Very nicely done! Looking forward to the next one.

Andys
chuckc
fantastic. what a great looking car!
Strudelwagon
REALLY NICE looking conversion !
That exhaust looks great, got any belly pics?

SW smilie_pokal.gif
d914
met up with bob today at caffeine and octane in Atlanta.... I finally got a ride in the 3.0 liter suby.... Nice ride.. good power and docile in traffic until you hit the go pedal... Damn.... revs out strong... This is a definite good choice in engines... fits nice and good power..
kittykat
Ran flawless on the 180mile trip to the car show. 104degrees on the way home. The cooling system ran right at the 190 degree thermostat I have in the car cruising at 80 GPS mph.

Guess its time to start on the AC system.

Bob
kittykat
agree.gif posted from my wifes laptop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.