Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay buyers beware! Don't buy from rich*richierich!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
lonewolfe
I won an auction June 3 for a set of SSI 1.7/1.8 heat exchangers. I never received them and get no replies back from this seller. After winning and paying for the items two more people have posted negative feedback for him because they paid and never received items either. Had these negative feedbacks been given before the sale date I never would have bid on these exchangers. In over 300 transactions I've never been stiffed before on Ebay. Hopefully Ebay's Buyer Protection will refund my hard earned cash in full. It's up to a 30 day process from the time a case opens for a decision to be made by Ebay. This has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

I ALSO POSTED THIS UNDER THE EBAY AUCTIONS TAB!
Valy
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Jun 25 2012, 01:34 PM) *

I won an auction June 3 for a set of SSI 1.7/1.8 heat exchangers. I never received them and get no replies back from this seller. After winning and paying for the items two more people have posted negative feedback for him because they paid and never received items either. Had these negative feedbacks been given before the sale date I never would have bid on these exchangers. In over 300 transactions I've never been stiffed before on Ebay. Hopefully Ebay's Buyer Protection will refund my hard earned cash in full. It's up to a 30 day process from the time a case opens for a decision to be made by Ebay. This has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe you should post negative feedback on the sellers account.
All I can see is 100% positive.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(Valy @ Jun 25 2012, 01:41 PM) *

QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Jun 25 2012, 01:34 PM) *

Maybe you should post negative feedback on the sellers account.
All I can see is 100% positive.

That's strange! He has two negative feedbacks from the last couple of weeks. I will leave negative feedback for him but am waiting for Ebay's Buyer Protection resolution to be completed. Maybe I should go ahead and post negative feedback now.
toolguy
I'd hold the negative feedback until you resolve your issue, then let it fly. . . no sense in pissing him off further. .
The buyer protection works well. . . I got a full refund on an item that wasn't what the picture in the auction showed. . ;. . it ends up that Paypal just takes it out of his bank account and tells him after the fact. . and give it to your account.
carr914
One thing I Always do when Paying Through eBay & PayPal - The Money never comes out of my Bank Account, it comes from a Credit Card. That way I can Protest to my Credit Card (which is more on my side), PayPal & eBay.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(toolguy @ Jun 25 2012, 02:23 PM) *

I'd hold the negative feedback until you resolve your issue, then let it fly. . . no sense in pissing him off further. .
The buyer protection works well. . . I got a full refund on an item that wasn't what the picture in the auction showed. . ;. . it ends up that Paypal just takes it out of his bank account and tells him after the fact. . and give it to your account.

Too late, I already posted negative feedback. I figure it's better to warn other potential buyers before they buy from this guy. I could care less if the seller is upset. What does he have to be upset about. He ripped me off, not the other way around. He's not going to reply to me anyhow. At least he hasn't for the last 10 messages and didn't for the two other people he ripped off as well! Screw that guy!
Bullethead
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 25 2012, 07:03 PM) *

One thing I Always do when Paying Through eBay & PayPal - The Money never comes out of my Bank Account, it comes from a Credit Card. That way I can Protest to my Credit Card (which is more on my side), PayPal & eBay.

agree.gif

I've been an eBay user since 1998... out of 700+ transactions I've been burned twice but fortunately, nothing pricey. I buy parts from Germany, Cyprus, Spain, Portugal, France and the UK. Patience with overseas shipping is required, but NOS and seriously rare stuff is the reward. With any purchase, check out the seller first... eBay doesn't show ALL feedback.

This is a useful tool: http://toolhaus.org/

Sorry you got a bad seller. Hope that despite dealing with a weasel you get satisfaction, either money back or the parts.
drdave427
He got me too -- Brand new rear spoiler for $100 . Thank goodness for Paypal although he had my money for about a month- I did get it back. I ripped his a** with negative feedback.
He first did not answer emails then sent me one saying he shipped me the wrong part and when I got it to send it back and he would ship the spoiler -- I never got the wrong part or the right part !
lonewolfe
I've still not heard anything from the seller or received a package. I see one more person has posted negative feedback for having not received their item or any reply back from the seller. It drives me crazy that Ebay requires a week for the seller to respond the case before they'll escalate anything. Sunday will be the first day to escalate. Two days short of one month from when I won and paid for the item. Nuts!!!!!
B2524
how about posting his name and address in case he changes his user name?
rhodyguy
fwiw. i ALWAYS purchase a conformation of delivery ($.75) and build it into the cost of the item. they provide a tracking # on each transaction, the buyer will know when to expect delivery, and i can check the status too. cheap assurance and it REALLY smooths things out.

i see very little on ebay that can't be found here or on the other forums. i just don't see the point with the ebay hassle and what could be questionable sellers.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.