Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Registered Again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pbanders
Just got my 914 registered again after two years of sitting in my garage here in AZ. It actually passes smog, but it's such a PITA that I'd just blown it off, and drove my Boxster instead. Thanks to info from Travis Neff-Hohne, I got collectible insurance from Hagerty, registered the car as a collectible, and now I DON'T EVER HAVE TO PASS SMOG AGAIN, YEAH! Hoping to get back on the road again, soon. Car runs fine, just needs to be brought back to life.
speed metal army
Hey cool!! BTW thanks for the djet knowledge! smilie_pokal.gif
Tom
Welcome back! Been wondering where you have been. Miss your answers to D-jet problems.
Tom
shoguneagle
Live in "Heaven" at 7,000 ft. and do not have to smog. Arizona High Country!! Hell in winter but perfect in the Spring, Summer, and Fall months.

Glad to see you back. Maybe I will visit Phoenix during the Spring when it is still good weather. 914-Sixer should be dependable by then.
J-ROD
Just wondering how much does your insurance run you with that type of policy?
76-914
Welcome back, hang around for awhile. beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 26 2012, 06:56 AM) *

Welcome back, hang around for awhile. beerchug.gif

agree.gif
pbanders
QUOTE(J-ROD @ Jun 26 2012, 04:48 AM) *

Dirt cheap, like $200/year from Hagerty.
EdwardBlume
$100 / yr for classic car insurance from AAA here in CA.

Congrats on getting back on the road.... cheer.gif
smj
QUOTE(pbanders @ Jun 30 2012, 01:39 PM) *

QUOTE(J-ROD @ Jun 26 2012, 04:48 AM) *

Dirt cheap, like $200/year from Hagerty.
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 30 2012, 05:37 PM) *

$100 / yr for classic car insurance from AAA here in CA.

Without collision/comprehensive I'm paying a bit over $325 for the -6 and $360 for the -4. I may have to look at Hagerty et al - is that an "agreed value" policy?
jd74914
QUOTE(smj @ Jul 1 2012, 04:22 AM) *

Without collision/comprehensive I'm paying a bit over $325 for the -6 and $360 for the -4. I may have to look at Hagerty et al - is that an "agreed value" policy?

As far as I know Hagerty's policies are all "agreed value". My 914 is "valued" at $10k and costs $236 a year (policy for a 23 year old), and my dad's 911is "valued" much higher and only costs about $150 a year.
porbmw
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jul 1 2012, 05:39 AM) *

QUOTE(smj @ Jul 1 2012, 04:22 AM) *

As far as I know Hagerty's policies are all "agreed value". My 914 is "valued" at $10k and costs $236 a year (policy for a 23 year old), and my dad's 911is "valued" much higher and only costs about $150 a year.

WOW

MY insurance of the 74 1.8 up here in B.C., with all safe drivers discounts, is about $1250
We only have one insurer....State run.
I'm going to transfer the car to my daughter today and I'm expecting annual to be around $2000
JStroud
I have my 74 with AAA, regular policy because I drive it almost daily.
I pay $400 a year full coverage.

Jeff
smj
porbmw: I pay a lot more for the 968 and Audi. The Audi is designated for ocassional commuting, and the 968 still has collision/comprehensive coverage. $$$

My home & auto is with AMICA - when I first needed homeowners they were very highly recommended and had some kind of mondo Consumer Reports rating. End of last year I tapped a guy's minivan pretty firmly in stop-n-go on the Interstate in the Audi, and he couldn't stop raving about how great they were to deal with, from his end. (No trouble at all from my side.)

So I'll have to do a little research - the above represents a lot of peace-of-mind...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.