Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 3.0L (Colorado) - Sold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mountain914
I've got to let it go. $20,000 firm (and that is a steal).

72 rust free (really) 914/4
82 911SC 3.0 professionally built, under 10,000 miles.
Car was done around 12 or 13 years ago (my how time flies).
This is an AWESOME car, fast, nimble, reliable, and a real head turner.
Tires look brand new (as I said, under 10,000 miles on car since built) but aged.

Frankly I feel it's getting a bad reputation since it hasn't sold over the last few years... but NO ONE has looked at it, yet I have had many low-ball offers (welcome to the arm-chair cyber shopping era type.gif ).

The car speaks for itself (obviously I am not doing it justice), the only problem with it being harbored under a car cover in a garage, it is in desperate need of someone who will at least let it outdoors once in a while!
pt_700
beautiful car! i especially like the rear flares. if i'd the cash, i'd totally buy this. why no responses? i suspect some of us have no cash and others are afraid to spend. perhaps a trade?

how about posting up a video so we could hear her?

hope you don't mind, i've posted a link to this ad on another forum (yikes! there are other forums?!). blackbird guy's asking about vette vs. z...

ps. nonesense, you've posted some beautiful pics.
Zundfolge
I point at your car often when people start nit picking the $2300 914 I'm trying to sell.

Honestly I think people expect to be able to buy a car as nice as yours for what I'm asking.
Dirty Evo
if you still have it in a couple months.. maybe... i would love to buy it for my dad. he would look cool in it.

don't have the $$$ now, but i am selling a few things, so who knows.
rnellums
I have long thought this one of the most attractive and appealing builds around. Good luck. Its worth every penny of the asking price.
Bobby Smith
PM Sent
MoveQik
$20k for a buttoned up 3.0/6? Absolute steal. Someone is getting in cheap.
Mountain914
Yes, when the Yellow Zonker sold (or should I say was given away) at such a low price, in my opinion it set a very bad precedent. Now cars with 35k+ invested are going just a paltry smidge over a bone stock 4. Not that I have anything against that, it just shows now is the right time to buy the dream cars (hint, hint), or the right time to sell the pristine originals (though I think they are going overseas).

Dang, I've always had bad timing blink.gif ( laugh.gif )

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 27 2012, 02:37 PM) *

mepstein
Are you advertising on other sites? 914world has a lot of enthusiasts but there are car buyers who don't know this site. If you haven't already, I would suggest pelican, the samba and craigslist among others.
carr914
It was on FleaBay last week. Really surprised it hasn't sold - it's beautiful!
EdwardBlume
I would buy this car. Maybe I should..... Anyone here on the world know the car?
Ferg
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 27 2012, 05:41 PM) *

I would buy this car. Maybe I should..... Anyone here on the world know the car?

I know it. It's been a few years since I have seen it, Lee is a great guy, car is really nice.
Mountain914
More pictures... This helps show the amount of work involved (this car was completely soda stripped, dash out, tank out) which I think gives you some idea of what went into this; There was also a question about the rotors (I can only find pictures of the front).
motomoss
QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Jun 26 2012, 08:04 AM) *

I've got to let it go. $20,000 firm (and that is a steal).

72 rust free (really) 914/4
82 911SC 3.0 professionally built, under 10,000 miles.
Car was done around 12 or 13 years ago (my how time flies).
This is an AWESOME car, fast, nimble, reliable, and a real head turner.
Tires look brand new (as I said, under 10,000 miles on car since built) but aged.

Frankly I feel it's getting a bad reputation since it hasn't sold over the last few years... but NO ONE has looked at it, yet I have had many low-ball offers (welcome to the arm-chair cyber shopping era type.gif ).

The car speaks for itself (obviously I am not doing it justice), the only problem with it being harbored under a car cover in a garage, it is in desperate need of someone who will at least let it outdoors once in a while!

motomoss
Great Porsche. I've seen this before if I'm not mistaken. I looking at buying another 914-6 in Washington right now and saw yours come up for sale. I would like to talk in person and get some more info. My number is 269-469-4281 or email me at : anthonymossdesiign@hotmail.com with your number and I will give you a call back.
Thanks,
Anthony
Mountain914
OK - I don't know how to use my camera confused24.gif - it shut off before you could hear me rev it up. Back to the tech manual for me blink.gif .

Consider this a teaser, I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMNwIvH-qOI
914runnow
icon_bump.gif driving.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif drooley.gif
fastfingers
Beautiful car.

Evidently it never rains where you drive. Wipers?
Mountain914
I love Colorado for the weather, we get plenty of nice days per year. aktion035.gif

This car is not a daily driver for me.
However, when I do get caught in some rain, I just keep the speed up and the Rain-X applied, no troubles at all! Obviously if the rain were bad enough I would pull over anyway (any convenient shelter), Safety first and I wouldn't dare let any rain enter the engine compartment, you know, it's my duty to keep that hell hole pristine!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Jun 27 2012, 03:08 PM) *

Yes, when the Yellow Zonker sold (or should I say was given away) at such a low price, in my opinion it set a very bad precedent. Now cars with 35k+ invested are going just a paltry smidge over a bone stock 4. Not that I have anything against that, it just shows now is the right time to buy the dream cars (hint, hint), or the right time to sell the pristine originals (though I think they are going overseas).

It took 2 years to "give the Yellow Zonker away". Good luck.
dw914er
QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Jun 27 2012, 03:08 PM) *

I just haven't won the lotto yet biggrin.gif

Seriously though, that's a great looking car. Goodluck with your sale.
Dirty Evo
I know it doesn't mean anything since i don't have the money to buy it right now, but i absolutely LOVE this car. Would love to own it, seems like a great build, great looks...

Wish i was having a little bit better quarter at work i would be SO TEMPTED... but just need to play it close to the vest at the moment with the money.

Bummer... its a helluva deal it appears. Can't believe its still available.

Bobby Smith
How did you handle the oil cooler? Sorry if I missed this in your post. Thanks
Mountain914
It's got a factory cooler, and an external cooler under the cowl. Thermostat turns on electric fan at 240 degrees F.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

You know, looking at this picture, I realize I have not taken this car to a car wash in 9+ years (just dusted and detail waxed). It could sure use a hotsy cleaning underneath and all the greasy bits!
matthepcat
Super nice car bump. I bet you could have moved this thing if you brought it out to Monterey Car Week. http://www.montereycarweek.com/

Maybe next year.
emcdesign
Is it still for sale?
Mountain914
It's sold.

Might be the worst decision I have ever made... sad.gif
rohar
QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Sep 4 2012, 07:22 AM) *

It's sold.

Might be the worst decision I have ever made... sad.gif

Congrats on the sale!

Oh, and to the buyer if you're looking. I so hate you for having the money when I didn't. smile.gif
carr914
Me too, My Lotto Numbers didn't come in yet headbang.gif
shuie
That's A LOT of car for the asking price, IMO.
shelby/914
Did it stay in Colorado?

Dan
Mountain914
Nein, es in Colorado blieb nicht. sad.gif
Chaplain
QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Sep 8 2012, 04:01 PM) *

Nein, es in Colorado blieb nicht. sad.gif

BTW: Who built it and what side of the rockies was it in?
Ferg
I know Lee does not check in much.

Car "was" located in Evergreen CO. It was originally a patrick motorsports build.

Mountain914
Could I say on top of the Rockies? biggrin.gif
Eastern slope, otherwise.

agree.gif What Ferg said (Thanks Ferg!) except Conifer (not too far from Evergreen).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.